Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an email that said the MDC is planning to raise fees on the annual trout permit and the daily trout park tag for both youth and adult tags.

Thoughts?

· Registered
4,019 Posts
Daily tag prices going up is no big deal. It's been too low for too long. Not sure how I feel about the annual trout permit going up. I do know that there has to be something done to keep the hatcheries going though. The price of everything goes up eventually. So why should trout fishing be any different??? LOL

I just wish that they had more enforcement at the parks keeping poachers and rules breakers in check. It's a virtual free for all any more. Blatant violations every time I step foot in the stream to be seen. I've mentioned to many people that they're in violation of the rules pertaining to lures and such. They just look at you like you have a 3rd eyeball. Then continue on breaking the rules. I've mentioned it to the local game warden. He just says that they can't be everywhere all the time. So maybe they just need more agents.

· Part-time malcontent
8,455 Posts
Won't bother me much.

I rarely fish the parks anymore, and the last two times it was during winter C&R. I buy an annual permit every year, but I'm not sure why because I haven't kept a trout for years. I guess I get one in case I catch a giant that I want to keep for mounting.

· Registered
4,019 Posts
Won't bother me much.

I rarely fish the parks anymore, and the last two times it was during winter C&R. I buy an annual permit every year, but I'm not sure why because I haven't kept a trout for years. I guess I get one in case I catch a giant that I want to keep for mounting.
I don't keep trout anywhere anymore. But, there's always that chance of a fish going belly up and having to keep it. So I buy my annual trout permit for that reason along with I figure my contribution to trout funding has to help a little.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.