Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently there was a meeting held by MDC last night in the St. Louis area to discuss changes in the morning draw procedures. Does anyone have any input on what was said by MDC and what changes may take place?

I know there was a thread on here a while back about possible changes but haven't heard anything further until hearing about this meeting in St. Louis.

·
Registered
19,796 Posts
[rquote=1587152&tid=110166&author=Drenalinjunky]I know the reservation process is going to be more heavily employed!...which SUCKS[/rquote]

so....at the expense of the poor line, huh :stirpot:

·
Registered
17,097 Posts
Would save me alot of trouble for those who decide to hunt CA's..... Specially for those folks who hunt those crowded areas like Four Rivers, Otters Slough and Grand Pass....

Bring it I say..........:D

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
[rquote=1587362&tid=110166&author=showmethejewels]

its not a good idea, it drastically reduces the chances of a person to be able to hunt.

:mad2:[/rquote]

:shrug: Forgive me for not understanding how? I'm interested to know what you think, because I can't see the negative in it.

I'm looking at it as more of an opportunity to see if its worth my drive all the way over there?

Let me know what you think. I really don't have a big opinion, because I think its worth a try, but no idea seems to be the best idea when it comes to these draws.

Everyone wants to have their own little place to hunt, but none of us (me included by a long ways) have the coin to foot the bill. I understand that.

Parker

·
5,632 Posts
I don't really understand how it's a bad thing. But I've never stood in line for a pill, either. Someone spell it out in layman's terms for us. What are the pros and cons?

·
3,092 Posts
I can see it both ways, but what about the old timers that love to duck hunt and don't know how to use a computer?? How do they put in. The 20% poor line that will draw in the morning will likely only be the local residents who can go and get turned away and not feel bad about it. The chances of getting picked for someone who may drive an hour and a half will be slim making them not want to go!

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I hunt these areas every single day. Now there saying i can only hunt it two days a week

1. simple mathmatics tell you the more you go the less youll get turn away.

2. Instead of 40 parties waiting to draw, now 8000(# of people that put in for reservations) parties can put in to hunt. once again simple math will tell you the more people that put in the less likely youll get drawn.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Cause there is no limit as to how many times you can put in, there is no limit as to how many people can put in. And its even worse than expected by doing it a week in advance that gives everyone a chance to get together to go hunting. Just imagine 1000 people putting in for grand pass electric draw every day for 25 spots!!!! What is the percent that will get to hunt!!!

At least they arent letting OSS be in on this or even in your group for pre draw!!

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
[rquote=1587409&tid=110166&author=showmethejewels]I hunt these areas every single day. Now there saying i can only hunt it two days a week
[/rquote]

:confused: That is not how I read it. It says you can put in for one area per day. The system will not limit the number of days you can apply. :shrug:

Parker

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
[rquote=1587428&tid=110166&author=Parker][rquote=1587409&tid=110166&author=showmethejewels]I hunt these areas every single day. Now there saying i can only hunt it two days a week
[/rquote]

:confused: That is not how I read it. It says you can put in for one area per day. The system will not limit the number of days you can apply. :shrug:

Parker[/rquote]

ya you and everybody else can put in everyday
if 40 parties are waiting in line you have a 62% chance of getting drawn. if 1500 parties draw for 25 spots you have a 1.6% chance of getting drawn.

and why all this to allow st. louis hunters the same opprtunity as marshall hunters.(it says so in the pamplet.)

plus you can put in everyday but the drawing will be twice a week. not everyday. so pretty much your chances of getting drawn more the once during the drawing are slim to none.

·
5,632 Posts
So it spreads the opportunities out to a broader spectrum of people? Sounds good to me. :confused:

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
[rquote=1587443&tid=110166&author=jmmcguire]So it spreads the opportunities out to a broader spectrum of people? Sounds good to me. :confused:[/rquote]

Problem is you have duck hunters and duck hunting posers...
Posers will prolly get the picks, and care less if they are there or not.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
[rquote=1587443&tid=110166&author=jmmcguire]So it spreads the opportunities out to a broader spectrum of people? Sounds good to me. :confused:[/rquote]

If you want to hunt 1 time a year!!!!!!!!!!

It is for the people in STL that complain about having to drive 3 hours to Otter or Pass. Well then move!!!!!! Dont screw the hole state. Guess what I like duck hunting alot so I moved to an area with good duck hunting so i wouldnt have to drive 3 hours any more to hunt!!!!!!!

I'm so sick of all these stupid duck park rules!!!!

1 - 20 of 208 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.