Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Jenny's Lackey
46,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There were multiple threads leading up to the MDC's latest decision making of the proposed rules changes requesting MO residents comment on the proposed changes.

Did you submit comments in favor of the propsed landowner qualification changes?

Did you submit changes against the propsed landowner qualification changes?

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
Well i will step up and say i was in favor of them new regulations for the changes. But then again im for ARs too

·
Registered
17,089 Posts
Didn't make me any difference one way or the other to me, so I set back on this one.

·
PURE KILLER
37,998 Posts
yep sure did,i told to do away with all landower tags period,and to raise nonres tags even higher or go reciprical

·
SHED ON
5,637 Posts
Originally posted by HabitatMD
Didn't make me any difference one way or the other to me, so I set back on this one.
Ditto Dano I did not feel strongly one way or another so I just set back as well

·
Jenny's Lackey
46,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I made it a point to comment in favor of the proposed changes, because I figgured it was like most things. The stongest voices would be from those opposing the change, thus, the squeeky wheel syndrome once again. Someone mentioned in another thread that the overwhelming majority of people were against the proposed changes. I figgured a poll would get a pretty good pulse as to whether the MWT memership were overwhelmingly against the proposed changes, or if it's as I suspect, just the very vocal few.

·
Banned
1,048 Posts
I agree Pinwheel, most comments are going to come from those that are irritated. MDC should have taken this into account and realized there were as many or more who were in favor or didn't care. I usually always voice my opinion to MDC whether in favor or not. But your right, the angry, loudest voices, whether in the majority or not, seem to always get the attention.

·
27,514 Posts
I mailed them a letter stateing how I didn't like the proposed changes.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Your poll is probably a bit biased in nature...most here (including myself although others disagree) are firm supporters of MDC...I just didn't support the landowner changes...

good idea though, interested in seeing your results>>>:2thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
:)I did not voice my opinion to them. I am just glad to keep hunting - fishing - and enjoying the great out doors. learning the outdoors and nature is beautiful and knowledge is only powerful if you use it.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I messaged them and told them I thought children and senior citizens should be exempt from charges (except deer/turkey) and that NR hunters should be charged a fee equivelant to what the state they reside in charges a Missouri hunter going there to hunt similar game.

This makes it sound like I need to vote that I voiced an opinion against their proposals but I know this poll is geared toward landowner requirements and in state permit fees and to those proposals, I am neutral.

·
King of Callaway
42,625 Posts
Originally posted by Wings Fan 19
Originally posted by racks-n-beards
make that a double.
Triple.
:wave: Another, I always buy a tag anyways, never know when a buddy might say, "Hey lets try my place this afternoon" besides I for one think MDC does a good job overall and don't mind throwing in my share of support :cheers:

·
Registered
17,312 Posts
Originally posted by fishshooter
Originally posted by Wings Fan 19
Originally posted by racks-n-beards
make that a double.
Triple.
:wave: Another, I always buy a tag anyways, never know when a buddy might say, "Hey lets try my place this afternoon" besides I for one think MDC does a good job overall and don't mind throwing in my share of support :cheers:
:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
21,456 Posts
Truth I sent them a Letter and called them twice telling how I felt.

oneshot
:D The Big Grin is no longer to use the Phone after some charges that he didn't make :whistle:

1 - 20 of 61 Posts