Mdaniel's 2015 journal

Discussion in 'Member Hunting Journals' started by mdaniel723, Jan 3, 2015.

1. mdaniel723

mdaniel723 Member

Apr 18, 2014
    Weekend hunt #2

Took down my pop up blind and set it up where my other one was. Hunted Friday night and Saturday morning.[​IMG]
    Here's my view

Saturday midday put the new blind up, here are some in progress shots[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. mdaniel723

mdaniel723 Member

Apr 18, 2014
    Well another disappointing weekend hunt. Went down and sat Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, didn't see a thing, which brings my season total of deer seen in the stand to zero. Pulled my cam and only had nocturnal visitors, and the hotlist was a no-show. Pulled one of my ladder stands out and going to setup another rifle stand next weekend.

3. mdaniel723

mdaniel723 Member

Apr 18, 2014
    [​IMG]

Kicked back watching the fire on my one and only north Mo bowhunt. Mainly prepping for rifle season but I'm going to slip into the stand in the morning to see what happens.

4. mdaniel723

mdaniel723 Member

Apr 18, 2014
    Hunted all weekend and not a deer in sight, forgot to take pics of the stand we hung, put a two man ladder stand on 100 acres of beets and radishes. Guess the field was too wet to plant and this helps with erosion and aerates the soil.

5. mdaniel723

mdaniel723 Member

Apr 18, 2014
    Had a pretty good weekend. Spent all day Saturday in my bale blind. About 9:45 had an 8 jump the fence about 75 yards out and bed down in front of me in some thick stuff, never saw him again.

Sunday morning had a nice 8 about 45 yards but never had a clear shot. Still got the blood pumping. Really think the opener of rifle season is going to be a good one and the rut should still be on.

6. mdaniel723

mdaniel723 Member

Apr 18, 2014
    Well went to Saline county for rifle season Friday night

Saturday am had a young 7, young 8, and a 4pt. Also saw 9 does. Got a pic of the 4

[​IMG]

Didn't see anything Saturday night.

Sunday morning I went out and sat until 8, my kids weren't feeling well so I was planning on leaving early. I got back to the turnoff for deer camp and my phone rings, it's my father in law, telling me that he thinks he saw a buck go into a small pond. I park the truck and take off across the field, try to get a quiet stalk to the pond, I check the south side and don't see anything, back out and walk around to the north side, I sneak over the bank and see a large bodied buck with what looks like several points and he looks mature. I decide to shoot, all I can see is his head and neck, so I take the shot, he goes down and doesn't move. I walk up and see the biggest fork horn I've ever seen and start to panic, luckily when I clear the grass away I see several points on the other side. Turns out he is a non typical 7 with 5 on one side and 2 the other.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  7. mdaniel723

mdaniel723 Member

Apr 18, 2014
    [​IMG]

This weekend finished off my season. I got my euro back from the taxi and worked up all the meat. I got 20 packages of burger, 12 packs of brats, and 25 sticks of sausage out of him. Father in law and I finally have the sausage recipe down I think, trial for brats and sausage tasted pretty awesome.