Matthews Chill opinions

Discussion in 'Archery Equipment' started by IL MO Hunter, Apr 11, 2018.

1. IL MO Hunter

IL MO Hunter Member

May 29, 2012
    Metro East
    Who has experience with the Chill? Might have an opportunity to buy a new in box, 2013 or 2014 model.

I know Matthews has a good reputation in general but I’ve never owned one. Any thoughts about this particular model is welcomed. As far as I can tell it’s a standard Chill. I know there are different versions of the Chill, but I don’t see anything that indicates otherwise.

Also ideas on what a fair price might be? I don’t really need it, but would probably be a nice upgrade for me. Again, it’s brand new, never set up, still in the plastic bag inside the box. Even has the manual, other paperwork and promotional hat with it. I know they weren’t/aren’t cheap new, but it’s still a 4+ year old bow.

Thanks for any info in advance.

2. RRMan

RRMan Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Savannah MO
    I have the monster chill r I believe it's a 2014 model. I bought mine a year old for 500 bear bow. I bought this strictly because it was an upgrade from my old Mathews. I've took a few deer with it, it's fast, smooth, quite everything you would expect out of a Mathews. I know I'm not much help but I'm happy with it and would recommend them

3. MOFish20

MOFish20 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Deep State
    I also have a CHill-R. I have owned a Drenalin and a Z7 prior and this is by far my fav bow. I dont plan on upgrading it anytime soon. I would suggest addition of the rock mods to increase the let-off, I think they're well worth the extra bit of $$$.
    I was about 1min away from buying a new Creed but was handed a Chill-R last second and it was definitely the best match for my preferences.
    Give it a test run and I think you'll find it to be a great bow.
    Not sure what the going rate would be for one these days but you should see if it's been registered, might still have the full warranty available which is a big bonus if so.

4. fullfan

fullfan Active Member

Feb 23, 2016
    ChillR shooter here. It is awesome