Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry about the pic quality, it was taken with a camera phone. This buck had a 'typical' 7x6 frame with a kicker near the base/brow tine on his right side. To top it all off, I think he was only 2.5 or 3.5 years old...pretty sure I saw him chasing a doe right after our rifle season ended here in Oklahoma and he was definitely young! :)

[file]96838[/file]

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Looks to have some good mass along that main beam:cheers:

He'll be a dandy

·
Registered
624 Posts
:eek:::eek::Fine horns!! I like the crab claw. Was out in Tulsa last summer on a job and saw some really nice bucks in the evenings. You guys have some big deer there.
:cheers:

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, guys! I put the tape to these and was VERY surprised at the total score. The gross score with a conservative 16 6/8 inch spread is 170 3/8! With an even 8 inches of deductions, it nets 162 3/8...those additional circumferences due to the extra points really add up quick!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
[rquote=1596397&tid=110692&author=twn417]I think You still only get four circumfrence meaurements [/rquote]

Thanks...that's why I was so surprised, lol...I was doing it wrong. Never scored anything more than a mainframe 10. Quite honestly, I don't like using the scoring system anyway...gives too much credit to some types of racks and too little to others, not to mention that it makes you look like you're obsessed with antler size when you talk about them that way. That's not to say if I shoot him next year I won't score him and brag about it though. :D

Well, that bumped it down to about 160 gross and 153 net...very happy to find these!

·
CROSSBOW HATER!
48,418 Posts
awesome sheds, but really hard pressed to be younger than 3.5 on free range.....they say the hanson buck was 3.5 but I ain't drinking that kool aid. awesome set foe sheds for sure, I would be itching to put the ole trail cam out early this summer.

·
Registered
816 Posts
:eek:: thats an awesome find :cheers::cheers:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.