Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
101 - 120 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
fair enough but dont you think that what happens in a Nursing home is not really reflective of the outside world?
What actually happened was a staff member's son tested positive asymptomatic. They assumed it was a false positive, and continued on with their life without quarantining. I'm sure this happens quite a bit everywhere in the outside world. We are all sick of hearing about the Rona. The virus can spread thru a nursing home like wildfire. My point was vaxxed or unvaxxed, you can still catch it and even die from it.

Everyone's outside world can be quite different. Mine is listening to my daughter struggling to keep her sanity on a daily basis. She cries on her hour drive home. She has sores behind her ears and on her face from double masking for hours on end. Yes I know. That's the career she chose. She is vaxxed, but refuses to tell me what I should do.
i would agree with you regarding the nursing homes and that few would be unvaxxed. how ever, not really convinced the vaccine does much....but open to hear how wrong i am.
Only ONE resident was unvaxxed due to underlying conditions. The Dr recommended no vaccine due to possible heart complications.

·
just a no body
14,524 Posts
What actually happened was a staff member's son tested positive asymptomatic. They assumed it was a false positive, and continued on with their life without quarantining. I'm sure this happens quite a bit everywhere in the outside world. We are all sick of hearing about the Rona. The virus can spread thru a nursing home like wildfire. My point was vaxxed or unvaxxed, you can still catch it and even die from it.

Everyone's outside world can be quite different. Mine is listening to my daughter struggling to keep her sanity on a daily basis. She cries on her hour drive home. She has sores behind her ears and on her face from double masking for hours on end. Yes I know. That's the career she chose. She is vaxxed, but refuses to tell me what I should do.

Only ONE resident was unvaxxed due to underlying conditions. The Dr recommended no vaccine due to possible heart complications.
Yes it has to be wearing on the nurses..God Bless them all

·
Registered
558 Posts
The covid vaccines have not been completely tested. They were approved by the CDC on an emergency basis. We don't know the long term side affects of them and all drugs have potential side affects. They are not weaker versions of a virus like the vaccines of old. If someone doesn't want to take the vaccine because it hasn't been through rigorist testing, that is their right. For political reasons the right has pushed an anti-vaccine agenda and has convinced some folks to vehemently oppose the vaccine. All of us should look objectively at what we know about the vaccines and decide to take it or not. Covid is not going away. It's going to be here for awhile. We can't keep shutting the country down. We have to learn to live with it.

·
Under appreciated
88,056 Posts
Why is your problem always with the right when you claim to be neither right or left?

The "right" are just mentioning the facts of this whole thing for the most part. Why arent you complaining about the left pushing a pro vaccine agenda (vaccine lotteries, advocating for mandatory door-to-door, etc)? For someone supposedly in the middle, it seems you should be equally offended by both.

Reactions: jsr

·
Registered
22,019 Posts
The covid vaccines have not been completely tested. They were approved by the CDC on an emergency basis. We don't know the long term side affects of them and all drugs have potential side affects. They are not weaker versions of a virus like the vaccines of old. If someone doesn't want to take the vaccine because it hasn't been through rigorist testing, that is their right. For political reasons the right has pushed an anti-vaccine agenda and has convinced some folks to vehemently oppose the vaccine. All of us should look objectively at what we know about the vaccines and decide to take it or not. Covid is not going away. It's going to be here for awhile. We can't keep shutting the country down. We have to learn to live with it.
weren't we living with covid before the 19 strain?

·
just a no body
14,524 Posts
Why is your problem always with the right when you claim to be neither right or left?

The "right" are just mentioning the facts of this whole thing for the most part. Why arent you complaining about the left pushing a pro vaccine agenda (vaccine lotteries, advocating for mandatory door-to-door, etc)? For someone supposedly in the middle, it seems you should be equally offended by both.
I didn't read it that way. he seems pretty middle of the road. I know of several Breitbart disciples who are strongly pro vaccine mostly through personal experiences. That one lil sentence IMO does not dictate to me that he's a lefty.. sure he may lean left but is anyone truly IN THE MIDDLE? I think not.

·
Under appreciated
88,056 Posts
I didnt see anywhere that he chided the left for their behavior also. He WAS pretty middle of the road until he went with the right pushing an anti-vaccine agenda.

If pointing out that the vaccine has not been approved yet and advocating for choice is an "anti-vaccine" agenda, then you are probably looking at life through left-hand glasses.

Reactions: 20'

·
just a no body
14,524 Posts
I didnt see anywhere that he chided the left for their behavior also. He WAS pretty middle of the road until he went with the right pushing an anti-vaccine agenda.

If pointing out that the vaccine has not been approved yet and advocating for choice is an "anti-vaccine" agenda, then you are probably looking at life through left-hand glasses.
granted but maybe he just leans left and not a card carrying AOC, Bernie supporter.. maybe we just just have a difference in definition. If he starts bellering about how great Dementia Joe is then yea

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
How is it that those to the left of center can be so "my body, my choice" with respect to abortion yet with respect to covid and vaccinations, they seem to be adamant that everyone should get it?

·
just a no body
14,524 Posts
kinda a wide brush.. I know of some left center people who are militant anti vaxxers. Yea I was dumbfounded but it's the truth

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
It is a very wide brush and it goes both ways. But, for the most part, what I have questioned is pretty standard across the board.

Reactions: 20'

·
Biology nit wit exposer
81,122 Posts
How is it that those to the left of center can be so "my body, my choice" with respect to abortion yet with respect to covid and vaccinations, they seem to be adamant that everyone should get it?
I'm going to guess that its because if they don't get an abortion it doesn't get someone else pregnant 😁

·
Registered
32,178 Posts
Reactions: PoisonSnake

·
Biology nit wit exposer
81,122 Posts

·
Under appreciated
88,056 Posts
This isnt an "anti-vaxxer" situation although I'm sure there are some of those wackos also.

Anti-vaxxers are the folks that think routine vaccinations are some type of govt subterfuge to infect us with all sorts of nonesense. These are on the order of the folks that thing con-trails are some sort of alien beacon.

·
Registered
558 Posts

Rat, I've had enough exchanges with you to know no matter what I comment you will have something to criticize me for. My comments aren't meant to appease you. I try to be objective and truthful which I believe my post was. Like I've stated before I lean right so maybe trying to look at things in a neutral fashion I compensate for those biases sometimes. If you want someone to reinforce your beliefs I suggest you skip my posts. There are plenty of right wingers on this sight to placate you.

101 - 120 of 132 Posts