Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
81 - 100 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
12,593 Posts
We've all had plenty of time at this point to get the vaccine if we want it. I do think that if you get hospitalized for Covid and you're not vaccinated, then you should have less priority than patients that have been vaccinated. Since most of those patients aren't vaccinated, it probably wouldn't matter anyways.

I'm going to go ahead and schedule an appointment and be done with it. I want to do some traveling this fall and this Delta variant has me a bit more concerned than regular Covid. My plan when the vaccines came out was to wait half a year and then re-evaluate whether I thought I needed it anyways.

·
13,618 Posts
Google is your friend, there's lots of reading on the subject.

well I google ALinky and it, actually, he was a political theorist, I try to stay away of talking about politics and religion, whether on the internet or in person , I need to stick to hunting and fishing, so I am out

·
Registered
318 Posts
Is that true or is that what they are reporting? I know the 3 blues players that caught covid during the playoffs were ALL VACCINATED
Hydroxychloroquine, Ivermectin is still being held back even though studies show an improvement in Covid patients once administered.
Could it be patents have long expired on Hydroxychloroquine and Ivermectin? Leaving no $$$$/upside for the pharmaceutical industry?
My daughter works the covid unit. All but one of her 33 patients were vaccinated. The unvaxxed and one vaxxed have already died within a week. She took over testing herself since she KNEW they had covid, but test results came out negative for first 4 days of being sick. She thought the person testing wasn't jabbing far enough up the sinuses.

New orders she had to confirm and get approval for were Ivermectin 200mcg per 20kg and Doxycycline.....just in case you wonder what the dosage for Iverm is.

·
just a no body
14,539 Posts
My daughter works the covid unit. All but one of her 33 patients were vaccinated. The unvaxxed and one vaxxed have already died within a week. She took over testing herself since she KNEW they had covid, but test results came out negative for first 4 days of being sick. She thought the person testing wasn't jabbing far enough up the sinuses.

New orders she had to confirm and get approval for were Ivermectin 200mcg per 20kg and Doxycycline.....just in case you wonder what the dosage for Iverm is.
@DoubleLRanch what hospital is that?

·
Under appreciated
88,123 Posts
well I google ALinky and it, actually, he was a political theorist, I try to stay away of talking about politics and religion, whether on the internet or in person , I need to stick to hunting and fishing, so I am out
And if you read the title of what he was, you are mislead.. .just like not reading the entire story and only the title.

Alinsky was a political theorist yes. More than that, was an anti-capitalist community organizer, bent on creating class and race warfare under some imagined utopian government-dictated society. He was a far-left radical also bent on wealth redistribution, control of the proletariat by govt, etc. He was an idol of Clinton and Obama.

Now, he was very interested in politics but the point of it is that many people feel like forcing a vaccine on people usurps their freedom to operate. Analogies are drawn to a marxist/communist type govt where your freedom of choice is severely limited. I mention alinsky because analogies have been drawn, and probably rightly so if they are considering going door-to-door to vaccinate people. I thought that was a joke actually until I actually read about it. Biden wants go go door to door to offer/shame people into getting the vaccine Just because he fell short of some stupid goal he had of like 70% vaccinations, which was NEVER going to happen.

·
Under appreciated
88,123 Posts
and probably why we never hear the term "herd Immunity" anymore
Herd immunity is not something they want talked about on CNN. If any of their sheep figure out they dont need a vaccination, they'll NEVER get to 70%. Incidently, they'll never get there anyway.

Reactions: 20'

·
just a no body
14,539 Posts
Herd immunity is not something they want talked about on CNN. If any of their sheep figure out they dont need a vaccination, they'll NEVER get to 70%. Incidently, they'll never get there anyway.
interestingly enough last night on BBC there was an epidemiologist from some British University ( an American no less) and she said (paraphrasing here) after being asked the question point blank that Herd Immunity is probably just a pipe dream now.

·
just a no body
14,539 Posts
It's a nursing home. I shouldn't say which one since there is only one in that particular city. Staff and residents are sick.
fair enough but dont you think that what happens in a Nursing home is not really reflective of the outside world?

·
Registered
490 Posts
I reckon I don't agree with most of yall on this. Looking at the numbers, things are looking pretty bleak again, especially in a lot of rural/semirural areas.
While I for sure don't agree with a lot of what is happening in/to this country, I don't really see where the gov./most doctors saying folks need to get vaccinated gives them any special power or control.
I very much would like to see for real ( not media exaggerated in either way) numbers on how many folks are getting covid, hospitalized/dying vaccinated versus unvarnished.
Regarding an earlier post, I find it hard to believe that so many people in any nursing home are unvax. My MIL is in an independent senior living setting (admittedly not a nursing home) and I believe they are 100,% Vax, out of 200 or so residents. The place has been very careful from get go, I don't think they have had any cases, amazingly.

·
just a no body
14,539 Posts
Bean, I think what the media reports is not reflective of the real world
altho I do agree the media is not to be trusted. That really was not my point. A geriatric residential setting is not the General Population.

·
Registered
22,048 Posts
I reckon I don't agree with most of yall on this. Looking at the numbers, things are looking pretty bleak again, especially in a lot of rural/semirural areas.
While I for sure don't agree with a lot of what is happening in/to this country, I don't really see where the gov./most doctors saying folks need to get vaccinated gives them any special power or control.
I very much would like to see for real ( not media exaggerated in either way) numbers on how many folks are getting covid, hospitalized/dying vaccinated versus unvarnished.
Regarding an earlier post, I find it hard to believe that so many people in any nursing home are unvax. My MIL is in an independent senior living setting (admittedly not a nursing home) and I believe they are 100,% Vax, out of 200 or so residents. The place has been very careful from get go, I don't think they have had any cases, amazingly.
i would agree with you regarding the nursing homes and that few would be unvaxxed. how ever, not really convinced the vaccine does much....but open to hear how wrong i am.

81 - 100 of 133 Posts