Marshall Shoot Today (2-19-06)

Discussion in 'Archery Equipment' started by alwyshntn, Feb 19, 2006.

1. Well here we go!!!!

Must be out of my mind to head out in this cold at 6:30 in the morning,but its all in good fun.;)

Can't wait to get back on tonight and see how everyone faired at the shoot today. GOOD LUCK! to all going.

Hope to see ya there.

Tim

2. membergone

membergone New Member

Jan 17, 2004
    Tim. You know my story! [​IMG]

Take lots a pictures so I can see what I missed. :whinging:

Good luck to all of you all and have a terrific time! :cheers:l

3. D.R.N.18

D.R.N.18 New Member

Feb 13, 2006
    Well I just got back from the shoot, and again I didnt fare too well. It was a very challenging shoot I thought, but was fun none the less. Oh, and if you all werent aware of this, it was COLD today!!!!

4. Great shoot down up there in Marshall!!!! I was really glad to have met up with the MWT members there. Great bunch of guys for sure!! I look forward to seeing some of ya at the next shoot as well as others.

I'm going to blame my score on the COLD weather. Yeah that sounds good:roll2:

Hope everyone had a safe trip back home from the shoot and don't forget if ya want to do some shootin next Sunday come on down to the Dry Creek shoot in St. Elizabeth.

Tim

5. membergone

membergone New Member

Jan 17, 2004
    You all are making DSG feel better by not posting any further reports! I don't feel like I missed out on so much now! :)

DSG don't need anything to make him feel much worse, he feels like somone has been doing this [​IMG] to him for three days just the way it is!

6. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Oh man, it was a BLAST!!!!!! You missed a good one DSG!!!!!!! Ok, maybe it was just fun, not sure about blast...lol. We had a total of 51 shooters, last I heard....we're more used to at least 100 at this shoot, but it was a wee bit chilly I guess...It was fun to meet all the MWT folks that made the trip today!!!! Hope ya'll come back next time....April 2nd is our next shoot!

7. MoBowman

MoBowman New Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Met up with the fireman, alwyshtn, D.R.N., Bodoodle, BTH, that Punkus nut and a couple of others out in the cold today and had a great time. Couldn't believe that we all got out there when it was only about 10 degrees and went shooting:bangin:. All said and done the weather really wasn't all that bad:roll2: BTH took some pictures and I'am sure that once he gets home he'll be posting them up. Had a great time guys and we'll see ya all up at the Classic:cheers:

MoBowman ```----------->

8. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

MoBowman, glad ya'll made it home safe!!! The weather really wasn't all that bad, considering. I had on the polarfleece longhandles, and sweated a bit while shootin...it was the standin around part that got cold!!!

9. MoBowman

MoBowman New Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Failed to mention that one of the highlights of the shoot today was getting to meet Doug Hitchison, For those of you that don't know him, he is the guy that designed the ROSS Archery bow's. Now this guy knows his stuff and they sure make some pretty bows, right here in Missouri:cheers:

MoBowman ```---------->

10. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Was that the bow with the different type cable harness, hangin there where you guys were talkin?

11. Those were Hoyts with their shoot thru cable harness system. A guy at Tabo Archery around Oak Grove I think came up with that and converts alot of them. Don't know much about the advantages of the system though.

Those Ross bows were definitely some very nice bows. I will sure be looking hard at those next time I purchase. I'll be anxious to see the prototype Doug was talking about for next year. He was a very interesting gentleman.

12. bodoodle

bodoodle New Member

Mar 25, 2004
    kansas city
    Hey guys, had a great time even if mobowman beat me by ONLY 14. Still early in the year. Great to meat you all. Thought when we arrived they had movin targets, three deer ran in front of us right after we came thru the gate:rotfl: Kinda cold at first , but dressed for it so not to bad. First for me, had ice form on my grip in front where my hand wrapd around. Should of had BTH take a pic of it.

13. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Dang, lettin all the pressure git to ya, made your palms sweat eh???

14. MoBowman

MoBowman New Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    He just couldn't handle the fact that he was LOSING, 10 degrees out and he was sweating like a hog:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Just a little indication of what he's in for this season:dancin:

MoBowman ```---------->

15. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Lol, sounds like the gauntlet has been thrown!!!!! Where ya'll shootin this week? I'm going to a trad shoot up at Harrisonville....free chili!!!

16. D.R.N.18

D.R.N.18 New Member

Feb 13, 2006
    Dry Creek Archery, St. Elizabeth, this Sunday. Thats where i will be making a fool of myself.

17. bodoodle

bodoodle New Member

Mar 25, 2004
    kansas city
    Wasn't pressure, its called keepin warm, had those gloves u can put the hot hand pacs in. Worked great. Hey Mobow, I aint skerd.................still early, had to let u win 1. :moon:

18. You guys should come up to Carrolton on the 3rd to give the Deermans shoot ago, then head to the classic. Who knows maybe by freak occurance BTH might show up with something besides a Bowtech.;)

BTH