Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

Registered
I'm a bit different than the members responding to this thread. Maybe my age? I have 5 Marlin lever guns from model 36 to 336's and all have open sights. Just my preference. Just carrying them without a scope feels right to me. To each their own. Either way is good.馃榿
This is so true if it weren't for me being blind as a Wuhan bat .

Registered
I'm a bit different than the members responding to this thread. Maybe my age? I have 5 Marlin lever guns from model 36 to 336's and all have open sights. Just my preference. Just carrying them without a scope feels right to me. To each their own. Either way is good.馃榿
scout mount. Hand still fits around receiver. Lightweight pistol scope or scout scope, or red dot. Best of both worlds

Registered
So I think I found a Marlin I鈥檓 going to buy. It does not have a scope on it currently and I am wondering on what I need to buy as far as a base/rings. Any help is appreciated.
View attachment 226458
View attachment 226457
View attachment 226456
It's always a challenge mounting a scope low enough on a Marlin for proper cheek weld, IMO. To often the scope ends up too high and you feel like you have to search for the image. My advice would be, do your research and find the lowest set up possible. Don't be afraid to remove the rear sight to get lower. The lowest setup I've found to date is the weaver base and Leupold Rifleman low rings. I'll try to post up a pic when I get time.

Reactions: WILKinKC

Registered

M脙隆istir an pointe hocht.
I like this setup! Do you recall if you ordered lows or extra lows? I had lows on a 336 one time and still found them too high for a comfortable cheek weld.
Lows. 馃憤馃徎馃憤馃徎

Reactions: PLOTBOSS

Anyone have a stash of Marlin Bullseye's and willing to sell me one? Been trying to find a replacement. I have a 70's. 336 and some goof thought the Marlin Bullseye was where they should install their sling mount

M脙隆istir an pointe hocht.
Anyone have a stash of Marlin Bullseye's and willing to sell me one? Been trying to drive a replacement. I have a 70's. 336 and some goof thought the Marlin Bullseye was where they should install their sling mount
Let me look. I used to have some. Need to get back home. Ping me nxt week.

Reactions: Wibb

Registered
Wibb I might have a piece tucked away somewhere. That being said, brownells and midway both had them listed available less than a year ago. I鈥檒l get back to you later after I look through some containers.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts