Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
13,761 Posts
I used a Weaver base and Burris ZEE rings on mine (had to have a hammer spur added, too). I mounted an old Leupold M8-4x long tube scope on it. It's a wonderful shooter, though it's really basic. Sometimes basic is best.
I don't know the # of the Weaver base, but they are as common as dirt about anywhere you look for one.
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Wood stain

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
71,447 Posts
I used talley lw mounts with a redfield 2x7x32 on mine. Works great. Highly recommend the talley mounts. 👍🏻👍🏻

Reactions: WILKinKC

·
Registered
32,521 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
I would go with the xs scout rail. That’s what I have on my 336. Best thing about these guns is the way they feel and carry, xs lever scout rail keeps it that way with a scope.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Weaver base, dropped my 3x9 onto another rifle and went with a Bushnell TRS-25 Red Dot, I think they are on sale with rebate now. It’s a zombie killing machine now!

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
Mine has Talley Lwt 2-pc. and a Burris Fullfield 2x7x35 with the #4 reticle. It is a slick set up.

·
Registered
69,942 Posts
I'm a bit different than the members responding to this thread. Maybe my age? I have 5 Marlin lever guns from model 36 to 336's and all have open sights. Just my preference. Just carrying them without a scope feels right to me. To each their own. Either way is good.😁

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
71,447 Posts
Love the "no glare" on the wood!
Trappers Friend who did all the work for Browning, did the stock on this gun. It's a lot nicer look'n in person. 1961 336 SC, and it's a shooter. I would not scope an 1894, but something about the marlins makes them a good rifle for a light power scope.

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
71,447 Posts
@callaojoe I have a few Redfield scopes..very nice glass for the price
Given the rifle, I wanted to keep it American made as possible. This rifle shoots very well out to 100 yds, and that scope just seemed right for it.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts