Mark Twain Lake Crappie

Discussion in 'Fishing General' started by Dave160&2/8, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Dave160&2/8

Dave160&2/8 Guest

Has anyone been up to Mark Twain Lake Fishing for those crappie yet? I am planning on a trip this weekend and was wondering if the crappie are still deep or have they moved up in the creeks yet? Just anxious to get out and get after them.

2. caf4

caf4 Active Member

Feb 26, 2004
    St. Charles, MO
    I may go up there this weekend, too.....

Reports anyone???

3. WhiteTailer

WhiteTailer Active Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Centralia
    check out crappie.com they havea MO forum and might have info there.

4. BarryG

BarryG Member

May 15, 2003
    Fenton
    I want to go but I don't want to go by myself. It costs way too much to go by my self!:neuspeuter:

5. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    know a guy that was up there last weekend didn't do much good in finding them,but the water temp was 53

6. Dave160&2/8

Dave160&2/8 Guest

well if the water temp is 53 they should be up in the creeks and getting ready to make the beds to spawn. Thats good it will make it easier to locate them. Thanks Coyote.

7. gdog

gdog New Member

Nov 22, 2006
    The crappie fishing is good in Licking Creek near the dam and Black Jack Marina on minnows and tubes. Also head to Buzzards Roost near the Highway 107 boat ramp.

8. fishermen

fishermen New Member

Dec 7, 2006

reports yeah i looked at the report yesterday and the lake is up and the fish are slow but do good

9. Hannibal

Hannibal Senior Member

Dec 30, 2004
    Greene county
    not sure on the crappie but you better watch the weather, its posed to freezin rain sleet and then snow

10. Hatch

Hatch New Member

Jul 17, 2005
    OFallon MO
    LOZ LOZ LOZ LOZ Bad weather this weekend but LOZ is pretty hot right now!! I would definately do the Ozarks over M-Twain this time of the year.. but thats just me talkin....:D

11. MizzouAg

MizzouAg New Member

Hatch

have you been to LOZ lately? The father inlaw and I fished it between christmas and new years. We caught at least 150 fish in two days, but most where 7-8 inches with only enough keepers to limit out both days. Seemed kind of wierd considering the last several years of fishing during the same period.

12. Hatch

Hatch New Member

Jul 17, 2005
    OFallon MO
    Not personally, YET... But I do know some people that are catching them, for some reason that is the same thing they are saying, good numbers but spotty keepers, when the weather stays cold the big fish will turn on, I dont feel they have really went into the winter pattern because of the mild temps. all is about to change... Who Wants to go????:cheers:

13. hillbilly

hillbilly Senior Member

Dec 27, 2006
    Fulton Mo
    what heated dock we going to?:banana: