Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I've decided to post for information on large bucks, and their location(s). For the past 8 years I've been keeping track on a large Missouri Map of large bucks killed in our state. First, let me explain, I put a mark on the map for any big buck (140+) that I visually see, or her about on the Map. The reason I'm doing this, because there's a lot of big bucks taken that aren't entered in the MO Big Bucks, P&Y or B&C books. Thus, I'd like to get a visual picture outside of the figures presented by MO Big Bucks, P&Y and B&C.

Therefore, I'm calling out to all hunters to help me get an accurate depiction of where the biggins are, or sleeper areas! Currently, I think you'll be surprised as to some sleeper areas in our state based on my current findings, as well as after I get input.

I'm willing to share my map after I get input from individuals....the more the better!

But wait, "what if I don't want to give up a location?" If this is the case, then post a nearby town rather than a specific location. Or, give a part of a county, for example: "Middle South part of Audrain County, or "NE corner of Taney County". The more specific the better. But, I understand some people are protective of the "Hot Spot" location(s). So, if you've seen a big buck, and have an idea of where it came from, post it....

To give an example, I'll start....

1. Approx. 150 class - North of Moberly
2. Approx. 145 class - Middle Eastside of Ozark Cnty
3. Approx. 160 class - South of Camdenton, MO
etc.....

Again, try to keep it at 140 class or larger! After the post stops producing, several weeks, I'll post a pic of the MO map.

What do you think, like the idea? What I already have is interesting, A few areas pop up as potential sleeper areas! Care to guess the location(s) prior to myself posting the final results..

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
well a 21 pointer was ran over about a mile south of my home. then a 14 pointer was killed about 250 yards of my home that same day a 10 pointer about 400 yards. then i shot a tall 9 pointer about 150 yards from my home. that was last year, this year totally sucked for deer huntin. i only got a button buck about 100 yards from my home. its getting more worse cuz the neighbors are messing up the hunting!!! i got foodplots, salt licks, and i throw out cracked corn for the quail and there deer avoid mine and my neighbors properties. becuase they build houses, and logged, and did some clear cuts. ruined everything!!!

·
5,631 Posts
170 class buck was taken in the NW quadrant of Cole Co (close to the MO River) in 2005

·
Registered
8,764 Posts
I shot a 155 4/8ths in South Eastern Jackson county in 2004. I have seen many others in that same location that were and are bigger.

Jack

·
Registered
8,764 Posts
Originally posted by Rebelcj7
i saw a spike, so i think that would score, 12.555? oh yeah, it was in ozark :D
Okay Rebel, Time-Out for you.:roll2:

Jack:hysterical:

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
3-150" north of Kirksville, one was taken out for a wall hanging ornament.

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
All in W. Montgomery Co that I've seen with my own eyes:

187" taken off the place I hunt

Found locked and dead on logging road:
170"+
160"+
(1 mile from my place...:whinging: )

·
Registered
18,763 Posts
Man...I could have a heck of a list for you if I sat and really did some thinking...Here's a start by classes starting at 140" over the past two years or so. I could go alot further back to...

140"-150" -- 8 bucks...One near Princeton MO, one near Polo, 6 in parts of platte county

150"-160" -- 4 or 5 bucks...all in various parts of platte county

160"-170" -- 3 bucks...all in platte county

170"-180" -- 3 bucks...two in platte county, one near lawson

180"-190" -- one in platte county

249 4/8" -- platte county

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.