Man y'all leave some bucks for us Non-residents who are coming in late Nov.

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by jbhunter, Oct 31, 2010.

1. jbhunter

jbhunter Senior Member

HA! Geez Louise there have been some monsters hitting the dirt this weekend. This has been better than Christmas!!!!

2. Or u could just stay down south and hunt those 130 lb deer

3. jbhunter

jbhunter Senior Member

lol heck naw I want a shot @ a midwest whitetail!!!!!!!

4. Fla_Guy

Fla_Guy Active Member

Dec 13, 2005
    NC
    I've shot some 130# MO deer :)

I'll be up for opening day. Hoping for an Iron County booner!

5. traditional

traditional New Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Georgia
    I will be in rich hill the first week of december. My last season as a NON resident of MO! Looking forward to the hunt but really looking forward to the move. :cheers:

6. macon county boy

macon county boy New Member

May 6, 2009
    when we called the boys buck in they said that was the last buck in mo. sorry jbhunter

7. blong

blong Senior Member

Nov 26, 2008
    When are you heading up? I am leaving tomorrow. Can't wait to get away from these nocturnal, thicket living, super sized olfactory gland, 130 lb, circle the food plot, looking up tree, 105" mature, genuis goats for a week!

8. jbhunter

jbhunter Senior Member

Blong...I HEAR YA! LOL LOL I leave the 17th.

9. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    [rquote=1872933&tid=130436&author=jbhunter]lol heck naw I want a shot @ a midwest whitetail!!!!!!![/rquote]

But you guys in Missasloppy are allowed a deer or two a day...right?

10. jbhunter

jbhunter Senior Member

Mailman all joking aside I am pretty sure my neighbors truly believe in the deer a day theory. You guys have no idea how ready I am to get to your state!

11. RznShooter

RznShooter Active Member

Dec 27, 2008
    Reeds Spring Mo
    [rquote=1872947&tid=130436&author=Fla_Guy]I've shot some 130# MO deer :)

I'll be up for opening day. Hoping for an Iron County booner![/rquote]

ive shot some 40 pound mo deer:trophy:

12. 20 feet high

20 feet high CROSSBOW HATER!

Feb 19, 2009
    [rquote=1873483&tid=130436&author=blong]When are you heading up? I am leaving tomorrow. Can't wait to get away from these nocturnal, thicket living, super sized olfactory gland, 130 lb, circle the food plot, looking up tree, 105" mature, genuis goats for a week![/rquote]

if your implying our deer are dumb well your off a little, we are just better at not educating them:D

13. kerrazy

kerrazy New Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Defiance MO.
    fla_guy...I don't think there are any deer left in Iron Co. Them boys down there have the 'It brown...it's down' theory.:D

14. hun10

hun10 Senior Member

Nov 29, 2006
    Up A Creek
    Good luck to you fellers.:cheers::wave:

15. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    Late November.... Ya, they'll all pretty much be gone by then.....:D

Maybe a spike or two left, at least in the AR counties... But, the rest will all be gone....:rof2::rof2::rof2:

And, the deer in my area of the state, run like crazy at even the slighted hint of a human.... You want deer that don't look up in trees, head up to Montana.....

Good luck to y'all.

My son is at Ole Miss, and will be back home for deer season.:wave:

16. blong

blong Senior Member

Nov 26, 2008
    [rquote=1874171&tid=130436&author=20 feet high][rquote=1873483&tid=130436&author=blong]When are you heading up? I am leaving tomorrow. Can't wait to get away from these nocturnal, thicket living, super sized olfactory gland, 130 lb, circle the food plot, looking up tree, 105" mature, genuis goats for a week![/rquote]

if your implying our deer are dumb well your off a little, we are just better at not educating them:D[/rquote]Our deer get hunted a little more I believe. Oct1-Feb. 15. When they are not getting spotlighted they are being run by dog hunters! I am not saying there dumb, they just act a lil more natural than ours.

17. 20 feet high

20 feet high CROSSBOW HATER!

Feb 19, 2009
    [rquote=1874485&tid=130436&author=blong][rquote=1874171&tid=130436&author=20 feet high][rquote=1873483&tid=130436&author=blong]When are you heading up? I am leaving tomorrow. Can't wait to get away from these nocturnal, thicket living, super sized olfactory gland, 130 lb, circle the food plot, looking up tree, 105" mature, genuis goats for a week![/rquote]

if your implying our deer are dumb well your off a little, we are just better at not educating them:D[/rquote]Our deer get hunted a little more I believe. Oct1-Feb. 15. When they are not getting spotlighted they are being run by dog hunters! I am not saying there dumb, they just act a lil more natural than ours.[/rquote]

no worries blong, best of luck. I have heard the guys in the coffe shops from the south and PA talking how dumb the midwest bucks are...never really encountered any dumb ones that made it past me:D

18. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    I've seen some monster bucks down in mississippi, about an hour northwest of columbia MS. there was a HUGE mossy oak real real estate sign up around there...they only wanted a cool 2 mil for the land...but that place had some seriously huge bucks on it

19. letemgrow

letemgrow Well-Known Member

[rquote=1874130&tid=130436&author=jbhunter]Mailman all joking aside I am pretty sure my neighbors truly believe in the deer a day theory. You guys have no idea how ready I am to get to your state![/rquote]

Its crazy the thought process of the southern hunters....they truly believe that if they don't kill it someone else will so many bite the dirt. I have been talking to some LA hunters that I am good friends with that hunt LA and MS and I see why they are up here. :2thumbsup:

20. jbhunter

jbhunter Senior Member

letemgrow...You are the winner.That is the thought process around here! I hate it...you cannot manage land successfully in the lower portion of the state due to the neighbors killing anything that approaches their ILLEGAL CORN PILE! Don't get me wrong Mississippi has some areas that truly are stacked with GIANTS however it costs a fortune to get within 50miles of those areas. Just a question for you guys...it seems to me judging by the success over this last weekend that the rut has begun how true is that assessment and how long will it last? Do the bucks chase until Thanksgiving? Just Curious