Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
PURE KILLER
38,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got to admit that was the nastiest,stinkiest thing that i have ever done and will never do it again.by the time i got back out there,lets just say it was little worse than before and there was no downwind side.i was gonna take some pic's of the whole deer but quite frankly it wasn't a pretty sight.so i whacked and puked alot fought the flys and bagged him,and headed for home where i had electric did several more stomach tricks and got the horns off and have them soaking in embalming fuid.that stuff will get rid of any smell .the more i look at him,'im sure i passed this buck last year and the the year before same browtine on the one beam never really got any bigger ,but i ain't sticking my fingers in his mouth and looking at his teeth,maybe in a couple of weeks after the worms on him i'll look,because i am really curious to see how old he is.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Man, I can see the flies swarming around it. Good looking deer, to bad he didn't make it till season...

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
Nice, find. I'm glad ya got a little stomach left after that.
You should be able to go to your local MDC agent and get a permit to have that thing. I doubt you'd want any future problems with that rack and that agent could clear it up for ya now.

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
:eek:
I don't know the specifics about it, but it would be something I would check into just so nobody would try and get me into trouble.

I hope he turns into a nice mount for ya.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
glad you toughed it out for us shame for the deer

·
Registered
18,763 Posts
Great find, but sorry to hear he died. Good work

·
Registered
8,764 Posts
Yote, nice find. Man them dead critters in summertime do stink.

Jack

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Looks like a really nice find to me!
Glad you went through all of that!
:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I can only imagin how bad it stunk!!!!
Do not think I would of gone through all that. Good luck and show us what it looks like after you get it all cleaned up. Should make an awesome mount, especialy if you can keep the velvet on the antlers!:eek:

·
Registered
7,519 Posts
The smells of nature can be good or can be bad.
Everything has its place. I had alot of my early training next to the autopsy room/morgue area after a few years of that, there is no smell that cant be handled.

Good job on the recovery, that fuzzy horned mount will be cool!

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
You must have found him quick. I saw a fawn one day and found it (I think it) dead on the road the next day. 3 days later there was nothing left. But I went by it every day and the aroma....................I don't think I could do what you did!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.