Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

· Registered
3,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Mailman - If you don't have hogs then dig deeper.

Missouri Wild Hog Benefits.

Who knew? ROFLMAO

No. 1 - Not having to use weedeater along the edge of my lake because of hog rooting and wallows.

No. 2 - These hogs are digging up my two Chronic Wasting Disease "CWD" banned mineral licks. In which I have not added any since the ban in July of 2018. But they have dug down 2 1/2 feet which I never thought of and have made two super mineral licks. LOL. Deer which have almost given up on it are pouring back in. Oh did I forget Prions in the soil from this bio hazard mineral lick sites, are being spread all over the Conservation Ground since he rolls in the bio hazard dirt then leaves goes back to his Refuge.

Secondary thought - If the Hog Trapper that was on my property said he had 18 other bait sites with Corn

Now 58 trappers in Missouri isn't that potential of 1,044 bait sites with corn concentrating deer, potentially spreading CWD in CWD ZONE in Missouri?

or

Does Government bought corn have less chance of spreading CWD than private individual corn?
Font Natural landscape Tints and shades Rectangle Monochrome photography
Green Flash photography Organism Font Tree
Black Font Whiskers Screenshot Window

· Registered
3,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Brown Groundcover Soil Grass Event

· Banned
24,478 Posts
Plenty of hogs around my place as well. I trapped a giant hog around 400 lbs and it hopped over my 6ft fence on my trap. Things r pretty smart
Must be a new strain of huge hopping hogs for a 400 pounder to clear a 6ft fence. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

· Registered
916 Posts
Well it was a jump/running climb! Was pretty crazy. Checked my trap that day at 4am and it was the biggest hog i have ever seen. I didn’t know they got this big. I watched it for a while in the dark but then I decided to wait till light to take him down so I could get some quality pictures in the daylight! Well that is the last time I will ever do that. Walked back to my trap at around 8am and he was a mad hog! Was charging the fence in every direction. He wanted out! Was getting everything ready to take picks/shoot/gut/and cut and he freaking jumps the fence right infront of me. Was an adrenaline rush for sure!! And im still upset that I didn’t shoot it that morning in the dark when I first saw it.

· Under appreciated
93,232 Posts
You are ate up horntagger. Anyone that falls for antler dirt immediately is discredited in my book. YOU bought your ground in sw MO. don’t blame your hog problems on the MDC. OR the deer pens that are responsible for your CWD woes.

· Banned
81,617 Posts
I really don't mind hogs. I know everyone else hates them. I just catch them and eat them. They taste soooooo good!
You are welcome to my share. I don't eat anything that's been eating rotten dead stuff. :confused:

· Registered
21,512 Posts
You are welcome to my share. I don't eat anything that's been eating rotten dead stuff. :confused:
So you don't eat Deer. Yes they will eat dead animals. I think more for the salt in the blood but still.

If you really how about Catfish, Rabbit or Lobster?

oneshot

:D The more they stink the more the Big Grin likes them.

· Banned
81,617 Posts
A deer isnt labeled an omnivore. Put the google down and back away. Lol

· Registered
3,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

· Registered
3,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You are ate up horntagger. Anyone that falls for antler dirt immediately is discredited in my book. YOU bought your ground in sw MO. don't blame your hog problems on the MDC. OR the deer pens that are responsible for your CWD woes.
So anyone that uses compost chick manure is a fool. LOL then you might want to talk to the farmers near chicken houses. PS Soil Scientist said I done outstanding job getting my soil where it is compared to where it was. Your opinion really matters thanks for the concern.

Why shouldn't I blame MDC they are in charge not me. Quote - The spread of feral hogs in Missouri was intentional releases for hunting by hunters and landowners. Because hogs don't travel.
Question: Then in all options are on the table.
Then is possible an agency employees are intentional releasing hogs to influence policy on Mark Twain National Forest or to ensure that they have future jobs or get more USDA Farm Bill Money?

Really making a dent in the CWD LOL - Over 50% of Missouri - May the fun month when MDC Commission gets report and all the other CWD Zone is Expanded. LOL Man glad they banned all those minerals and feed to slow the spread. Glad they waited 10 years to ban movement of carcasses. Really cracking down on deer farms in the area. Man with all the rain we have hope those prions swim up stream like a trout. Oh that's right no positive on deer farms in last 10 years. Glad your here to keep it all straight for me.

Reactions: Chadozarks

· Banned
11,379 Posts
So anyone that uses compost chick manure is a fool. LOL then you might want to talk to the farmers near chicken houses. PS Soil Scientist said I done outstanding job getting my soil where it is compared to where it was. Your opinion really matters thanks for the concern.

Why shouldn't I blame MDC they are in charge not me. Quote - The spread of feral hogs in Missouri was intentional releases for hunting by hunters and landowners. Because hogs don't travel.
Then is possible an agency employees are intentional releasing hogs to influence policy on Mark Twain National Forest or to ensure that they have future jobs or get more USDA Farm Bill Money?

Really making a dent in the CWD LOL - Over 50% of Missouri - May the fun month when MDC Commission gets report and all the other CWD Zone is Expanded. LOL Man glad they banned all those minerals and feed to slow the spread. Glad they waited 10 years to ban movement of carcasses. Really cracking down on deer farms in the area. Man with all the rain we have hope those prions swim up stream like a trout. Oh that's right no positive on deer farms in last 10 years. Glad your here to keep it all straight for me.
Time out, you actually purchased Antler Dirt? :banging:

· Banned
81,617 Posts

You sure got twisted when bad news affected you. Lol.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.