Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

· Lunch break commander
8,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dr released me today for work without any restrictions and I felt a lunch break fishing adventure would be a fine way to celebrate. Bite was really slow but as I felt that first take and began to real in the catch I couldn't help but feel so thankful that my accident wasn't worse and how grateful I am that it will not keep me from doing the things that I love. Just a couple more inches and I would never be able to hold a fishing rod again or many other things. 6 fish with 5 being keepers was the catch but it meant more than many filled buckets from my past. So many adventures I have taken for granted. I seemed to feel every aspect of the experience. I was so close to this never happening again.

May God bless all those who have served and given of themselves for my freedom. So many can't hold a fishing rod again because of their sacrifices.

May be a bit emotional over a silly crappie but I just can see today's catch in a bit different light.
1st post pinky harvest
Grass Gas Grass family Auto part Soil
and the rest
Ingredient Fluid Cuisine Fish Food
God bless!!!

· Really? Show me. .
3,483 Posts
Looks like a good way to come back Pastor! Keep the lunch break pics coming!

Btw what were they biting on?

· Lunch break commander
8,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like a good way to come back Pastor! Keep the lunch break pics coming!

Btw what were they biting on?
2" panfish assassins. Looks like color 343 on this chart
Insect Product Organism Font Line

Reactions: flatlander_

· Lunch break commander
8,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Had lunch with a co-worker. His first time ever crappie fishing and he lands a 14" slab. Was a good bite today. We got 14 crappie each. We're doing lunch again tomorrow lol
Petal Organism Asphalt Road surface Plant

· Lunch break commander
8,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I should add we threw back about 10 little ones. Finally seeing some age structure

· Deadeye
6,140 Posts
Cool,If that lake has a lot of those small ones you might want to get them out so you can catch good fish all the time.

Reactions: Pastor

· Lunch break commander
8,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool,If that lake has a lot of those small ones you might want to get them out so you can catch good fish all the time.
Been working hard on them for 3 years. The first year every fish was 7.5" and there was a BUNCH of them. We took out around 600 of them and the next year they averaged 9". Again we took out about 600 of them and now this year we are seeing several around 11" to 12". There are still plenty of 9" to 10" but a bunch over that. This is the first year we are catching 4" to 6" fish. Seems to be a much better age structure. Not sure how many to take out now but im sure another 600 plus will only help the pond.

Reactions: Clucker and wingman

· Registered
6,682 Posts
Been working hard on them for 3 years. The first year every fish was 7.5" and there was a BUNCH of them. We took out around 600 of them and the next year they averaged 9". Again we took out about 600 of them and now this year we are seeing several around 11" to 12". There are still plenty of 9" to 10" but a bunch over that. This is the first year we are catching 4" to 6" fish. Seems to be a much better age structure. Not sure how many to take out now but im sure another 600 plus will only help the pond.
Well a mans gotta eat lunch.:bow:

· Lunch break commander
8,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

· Really? Show me. .
3,483 Posts
Looks like fun! How deep are they?

Reactions: Pastor

· Lunch break commander
8,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looks like fun! How deep are they?
Yesterday they were 3' but today they were about 20".

He got 8 crappie today and I got 13.
Your coworker is going to get spoiled. Bringing home 14 and a 14" fish is awesome for a first time crappie fisher. Good on you for sharing the spot and helping him out.
I'm pretty sure he is addicted already.
Road surface Plant Wood Asphalt Font

· Lunch break commander
8,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Dandy lunchbreak today. Bucket is 33 fish deep!! Averaged fish was 10" today. Threw back 15 or so dinks. Bite was very fast. They were at 20" down and about 25' out. View attachment 129979

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.