Lumenoks?

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by Steelman, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Steelman

Steelman Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2009
    I was thinking of picking up a couple of these "lighted arrow nocks" to try and thought I would get some opinions on here.

Do any of you use them?

Do they effect arrow flight?

Your thoughts please.

Thanks

2. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    i don't shoot in the dark so i have never used them. never had a problem seeing where i hit in the daylight. jmo, don't understand the need.

3. bowhuntKS

bowhuntKS King of the White Ninjas

Sep 11, 2006
    KS
    [rquote=1865036&tid=129875&author=Steelman]I was thinking of picking up a couple of these "lighted arrow nocks" to try and thought I would get some opinions on here.

Do any of you use them?

Your thoughts please.

Thanks[/rquote]

CLIFFHANGER has another brand he uses that he swears by...I just can't remember the name of em right now but I think I'll be using them next year. If he gets on today or I have time I'll give him a shout and find out the brand name.

There's been a deer or two that I believe these would have come in handy on.

4. UrbanHunter

UrbanHunter Active Member

I buy 3 of the lumenok brand every 2-3 years. It gives you a "tracer", so they're useful even in bright light. I don't like the cost, but how many arrows do you really go through in a year?
    When a deer drops on you, it's VERY useful to see exactly where you really hit, instead of where you WANTED to hit. More info as to when to start the track.

5. BustinBucks

BustinBucks I will use the report button

Jul 31, 2006
    Eagleville, MO
    I would suggest the Nockturnals!!! :cheers:

6. Dirtdog

Dirtdog Active Member

Jul 23, 2009
    i highly recommend Nockturnal lighted nocks. They have never failed and work great. They are also not that heavy compared to other brands. I have tried both Lumenoks and Tracers and these by far are the best. Have shot 2 does with the same arrow and Nockturnal no problems. Great lighted nock IMO

7. fluty410

fluty410 New Member

Sep 23, 2008
    Warsaw MO
    I've used them and love them but did have one fail to light this year when I shot an doe. Took it home and shot the target with it and worked great. We have been doing a little filming here and there and they show up great and it's awsome in slow motion.

8. Big L

Big L Trapper Groupie

Aug 8, 2008
    Bonne Terre
    They really show the erratic flight of a Muzzy.:D Someone did post a while back about using em to help see what their arrows were doin

9. thompson

thompson Active Member

Nov 26, 2007
    [rquote=1865073&tid=129875&author=BowtechAdm]i highly recommend Nockturnal lighted nocks. They have never failed and work great. They are also not that heavy compared to other brands. I have tried both Lumenoks and Tracers and these by far are the best. Have shot 2 does with the same arrow and Nockturnal no problems. Great lighted nock IMO[/rquote]

X2

I shot a lumenock brand 1 time, then the nock broke when I went to take it out of my arrow.

10. dodge

dodge Active Member

Oct 8, 2010
    cedar hill, mo
    I use them an i like them

11. CLIFFHANGER

CLIFFHANGER Active Member

[rquote=1865056&tid=129875&author=bowhuntKS][rquote=1865036&tid=129875&author=Steelman]I was thinking of picking up a couple of these "lighted arrow nocks" to try and thought I would get some opinions on here.

Do any of you use them?

Your thoughts please.

Thanks[/rquote]

CLIFFHANGER has another brand he uses that he swears by...I just can't remember the name of em right now but I think I'll be using them next year. If he gets on today or I have time I'll give him a shout and find out the brand name.

There's been a deer or two that I believe these would have come in handy on.[/rquote]

http://www.archersflame.com/xnockpage.htm
    So far no problems at all after two years sam with no batt changes one has even put two deer down:2thumbsup:

12. txcobowhunter

txcobowhunter Deer Gear Collecter

Oct 5, 2008
    Texas County
    I shoot the nockturnals and have had no issues with them. The reason I shoot a lighted nock is that I have a tendancy to not follow through in order to see my arrow flight. With the lighted nocks, I keep my form and thus shoot better!!!

13. yankee

yankee Senior Member

[rquote=1865039&tid=129875&author=winger]i don't shoot in the dark so i have never used them. never had a problem seeing where i hit in the daylight. jmo, don't understand the need.[/rquote] ya know you'd remove the fun from a room full of whoopie cushions:rof2::rof2: how about the need just to simply retreive your arrow and the 10.00 broadhead, the cost of my bolt's and broadheads it's close to 20.00 everytime i shoot, and if im shooting at a deer in high swail grass, you can forget retreiving em without a marker of some sort

14. J-Mapes92

J-Mapes92 New Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Worked very great for me. And easy to find your arrow when you climb down in the dark :wave:

15. Steelman

Steelman Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2009
    [rquote=1865073&tid=129875&author=BowtechAdm]i highly recommend Nockturnal lighted nocks. They have never failed and work great. They are also not that heavy compared to other brands. I have tried both Lumenoks and Tracers and these by far are the best. Have shot 2 does with the same arrow and Nockturnal no problems. Great lighted nock IMO[/rquote]

I don't remember seeing this brand at BPS. Do they sell them there and I missed them or do I need to order them online?

Thanks for all the responses, even yours Winger!:rof2:

16. adam snyder

adam snyder New Member

Feb 10, 2010
    i use the cheap walmart brand and they are good for shooting game they only really show up in the dark but you can find tour arrows better with them

17. rybec2

rybec2 New Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Has nothing to do with shooting after dark.They are great to follow your shot and recover your arrow after you get down in the dark.I have used lumenok with so-so results and now use nockturnal and like them.....

18. 10pointer

10pointer Senior Member

Nov 10, 2003
    St.Charles CO
    lighted nocks make a huge difference imo, just like others have said it acts as a tracer and you can follow your arrow flight much easier. Its also nice to be able to find your arrow after the shot.

From my experience of shooting lumenoks and standard knocks they group the same and I honestly dont notice a difference in arrowflight.... but thats just me possibly I dont know what others have experienced.

Some people have issues with the nocks fitting and actually lighting up. You have to sometimes sand on the nock and sand the inner part of the arrow shaft to remove the residue to make it have a solid connection with the carbon.

I haven't used anything but lumenoks, but i have heard pretty good things about the nockturnals and the eastons lighted tracer nocks.

I doubt ill ever use a non lighted nock again....

19. deerslayer75

deerslayer75 Active Member

Jan 26, 2006
    Liberty, Missouri
    ive heard that using them disqualifies you from entering anything you kill into pope and young and such...some people doesnt matter cause they dont care about that but some do just something ive heard

20. ymurf

ymurf Active Member

Nov 4, 2006
    Steelville, Mo.
    I like them,Never had a problem with them.