Loz

Discussion in 'Pan Fish' started by sandals, Apr 21, 2017.

1. sandals

sandals Quack

Nov 13, 2014
    bourbon
    Headed to big dicks halfway inn. Anyone know the water temp? Spawn on?

2. Meller

Meller Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2008
    They're running the ****t outta water from truman through LOZ. Be lots of current, will probably pull fish off the banks (if they were there)

Water temp up there is probably 65+

Attached Files:

3. farmnhunt

farmnhunt Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2006
    Lebanon
    Tuesday night water was 65-70 up the Niangua arm. Males were coming in to the bank late evening. This weekend may be tough with the weather and water. I would try the banks and if that doesn't work look for suspended fish under docks. Current can help on the suspended fish.

4. seth_turner_04

seth_turner_04 Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2005
    Owensville, MO
    Plus you also have to deal with the 2000 other bass boats running around the lake fishing for that one big bite that will net them $70,000.

5. farmnhunt

farmnhunt Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2006
    Lebanon
    I forgot about that, what a mess. I think I'll wait until Sunday PM to go down.

6. 90acres

90acres The good ole days

Mar 4, 2003
    Wardsville
    Purvis area is good fishing right now. Indian Creek, Coffman area is dang slow and way too clear.

7. jehrbo

jehrbo Full Fledged Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Oh Fallon
    First time I've ever heard anyone say LOZ was "clear".

8. 90acres

90acres The good ole days

Mar 4, 2003
    Wardsville
    I bet we can see 5 feet down. The floaters come later.

9. Meller

Meller Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2008

Really? LOZ is typically pretty clear, right now down towards the dam is dam clear. You can see the crossbars under boat wells 5-6 feet down.

10. jehrbo

jehrbo Full Fledged Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Oh Fallon
    We're going give LOZ a try this year, our fav is Lake Norkfork with 20-30' visibility and a sandy beach. 5 feet looks dirty to me
    On the flip side, we run the Mississippi as well, so I guess I'm a hypocrite :D

11. bigbass

bigbass Keep calm and Chive on!

Nov 17, 2009
    Wentzville
    Last weekend the males were all over the bank..This was from Linn creek up into the Nianguas.. Females were still sitting on the breaks and out in open water.. With the way the weather has been I would try shooting docks around the channel swings right outside of the pockets.. They were there last weekend in that area so they shouldn't be far.. Good Luck