LOZ so low

Discussion in 'Fishing General' started by Gutpile, Apr 18, 2006.

1. Gutpile

Gutpile Cooler Semi-Elitist

Aug 22, 2003
    St. Charles
    Took the family to LOZ this past weekend for a little getaway and the lake was really low. Some docks were beached. Is this just drought related?

Also, how have people been doing on crappie, I will be heading back this thursday for a guys trip...we will be up near the damn fishing the from the damn to about the 5MM or so.

We did OK on bass this past weekend with lizards from the bank at the little resort we stayed at. Weather looks great for the weekend.

2. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    Sorry you couldn't find the Crappie, GP. Everything I've heard said it was kinda slow around there.

We need some rain for sure. Pomme de Terre was real low this weekend also.

3. Boogan1

Boogan1 Senior Member

Nov 8, 2005
    Stover, MO
    Crappie are tearing it up on LOZ right now, caught them right next to the bank on chunk rock or pea gravel banks. Used an orange and chartreuse jig with a crappie nibble on it. They aren't doing too bad on the bluffs either. Kids and I caught a mess the other nite. Use a small float set about a foot deep. Boog

4. Gutpile

Gutpile Cooler Semi-Elitist

Aug 22, 2003
    St. Charles
    Cool, my dad and 3 brothers are heading down right now, i will get there tomorrow afternoon. I am pretty sure we will find em this weekend.

5. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    Good luck. Crappie fishing was one of favorites when I lived there. You should have a blast.