Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
12,571 Posts
great video, fun to watch. you guys sure slam em, WTG!!
I'd be lying if I said I didn't get stupid lucky that day. Several boats came in while we were unloading and said it was tough. This dock I found was on the second secondary point that I graphed that day and it was loaded. After we caught our limits, I figured I'd go try to find some other docks that were holding fish. I graphed that entire cove, which was probably 1/2 mile long and never found another dock holding fish! It's like every fish in that whole cove was under that one dock.

·
Registered
12,571 Posts
Live scope!
Livescope is a great asset for making sure you're keeping your bait in the strike zone, but you have to find the fish first. It's not nearly as valuable for dock shooting as it for targeting fish out in open water or on brush piles IMO. Also, a guy fishing for a limit of eater fish is playing a whole different game versus the guy out there singling out 7 large fish. I'd trade every 13" crappie I catch for a 10-11 incher since I just catch em to eat.

Forward facing sonar is required to effectively single out big fish. Sure you can spider rig and play the numbers game, but it's been made very obvious over the past few years in the crappie circuits that Livescoping the big loaners is the superior method.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts