Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

· Super Moderator
28,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my BIL had some neck and back surgery and is looking for a low recoil 20 guage. Figured why not ask the knowledgable minds on MWT. Was thinking Benelli, what are you thoughts and idea? I like him or I would suggest a 10 guage Russian made!

· Máistir an pointe hocht.
75,067 Posts
Browning Silver, or similar, Beretta A400, any gas operated auto would work.

Benelli's are inertia guns, so they'll kick a bit more.

My wife has a Browning B-80 in 20ga, and it's like shooting a 22 rifle.

Reactions: Skduckhunt and 20'

75,067 Posts
any that are gas and lighter to hold?
Winchester just came out with the SX4 in 20ga, should be relatively light 6lb 12oz. MSRP is $939 so they are actually gonna be cheaper than the SX3......

· Under appreciated
93,225 Posts
Winchester just came out with the SX4 in 20ga, should be relatively light 6lb 12oz. MSRP is $939 so they are actually gonna be cheaper than the SX3......
So, I need to upgrade is what you are saying? :D

75,067 Posts
good news is, price is not much of a concern!
Well then, that opens up a lot more options doesn't it... :D

But, that said those Sx4's and 3's should do the trick if he wants a 20ga.

Berettas are silky smooth, but you'll pay more for them. Honestly, he should go figure out which one he likes best, and fits him best.

If you stay with "gas operated" shotguns, it'll have little recoil.

Franchi, Benelli, Browning A-5 are all recoil/iniertia guns. They'll have a bit more recoil, but are easy to clean, and as reliable as can be.... :wave1:

Reactions: 20'

75,067 Posts
Agreed. Makes it hard to decide which to take on my one duck hunt a year. :D
Here that, I think I might take 4 shotguns out and just rotate through them for the day. :D

Reactions: rat

· Under appreciated
93,225 Posts
Here that, I think I might take 4 shotguns out and just rotate through them for the day. :D
We had 4 shotguns in the blind when that bull sprig flew by (twice) and none of them seemed to go off. :D
#asleepatthewheel
#birdwatching

· Keeper Of The Prions
3,599 Posts
I got my 9 year old son has a mossberg 20 gauge youth model. I thought it would be best for a kid. It's light, short, and shoots awesome. When I got it I threw a turkey load in it and shot it. Sucker kicks as hard as my 12 gauge I swear. I let him practice with 2 3/4 bird shot and when he shoots a turkey load at a turkey he doesnt even notice it so it works.

75,067 Posts
We had 4 shotguns in the blind when that bull sprig flew by (twice) and none of them seemed to go off. :D
#asleepatthewheel
#birdwatching
he was too pretty to shoot.... :D

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.