Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lot\'s of action tonight

Got in the stand around 3:30 this afternoon. Around 5:00 had a single buck come out into the corn field. About 10 minutes later a second buck came out along with a couple of does. Both bucks were around 100" or so. Gave a couple of grunts just to see how they would react and must have got the testosterone going. After a couple more grunts the larger of the two bucks turned toward the other and they locked antlers and began pushing each other around. Not too aggressive but still continued on for 10+ minutes. While they were sparring another huge 10 pt appeared on the field edge about 20 yards from my other stand. He was at least as big or bigger than my rifle season buck. He watched the two bucks that were still locked up for about 20 seconds and then turned and walked back into the timber. I'm guessing he's bedding down close by and came out to check out the commotion. Just kicking myself I didn't bring the camera this trip and also for being in the wrong stand tonight. All in all a very exciting night that has me looking forward to getting back out later this week.

·
Registered
23,530 Posts
Sounds like a great hunt either way. I got some trailcam video of a couple bucks sparring that I'm going to post here in a little bit, just waiting for it all to upload to Youtube. :2thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Jk you have been all over them this year. I moved a stand today and am gonna try it tomorrow afternoon. I put it in some really thick nasty stuff, we'll see.

btw....did KC ever make it up there?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that must of been a great hunt. iv never seen anything like that before.
First time I've actually seen two bucks sparring in person. It was fun to watch and was probably a good idea that the big 10 pt went back into the timber. I was already excited watching the two buck go at it and my heart just about jumped out of my chest when I saw the 10 pt step out. I've spent alot of time in the stand and this was the first nice buck I've seen since gun season.

Jk you have been all over them this year. I moved a stand today and am gonna try it tomorrow afternoon. I put it in some really thick nasty stuff, we'll see.
Shrap three trips prior I had only seen one doe in three days so I was glad to see some action tonight. KC never did make it up. Hopefully he'll make it up next season. I think he lost his hunting spot this year and was wanting to bring his boy up. I was really hoping he would make it up so he and his son could get some stand time together.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shrap - if your ever up my way during bow season and have some extra time I'd be glad to get you set up in a stand. I'm usually the only one on our property.

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Originally posted by jk96
Shrap - if your ever up my way during bow season and have some extra time I'd be glad to get you set up in a stand. I'm usually the only one on our property.
What time should I be there tomorrow!

I really appreciate the offer and will definitely keep it in mind for next year. I will stay in touch and maybe we can get together for a weekend next fall after the St Louis shoot in September...which by the way is a hella fun weekend you should try to make it!

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
:eek::
I am jealous, I have been pimped slapped by the viral bug going around and it wiped out my x-mas well the whole week really. I was hoping to get out today but it looks like Jan 1st. Good luck!

·
Registered
869 Posts
That's some good action. I think it actually sounds like more than I see in the last month of bow season all together!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts