Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
Man I'd invest in a mower and go out and make a killin'.
EVERYONE needs their yard mowed.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Originally posted by Hayzer
Man I'd invest in a mower and go out and make a killin'.
EVERYONE needs their yard mowed.
Ditto...

I mowed and worked on Hay Crews when I was 15. Talk to some farmers to see if they need help stacking hay!

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i looked into the mowin thing but i live like way in the middle of know where and it would probably cost more than i would make. I am helping my buddy and his grandpa make fescue seed and hay but that dosnt last as long as i would like. But im gonna keep checkin into stuff.

·
5,631 Posts
Originally posted by buckbuster14
Hay is a good idea. That's what im doin this year to make my cash...
Yep. GREAT idea. That'll teach you to be a man! Especially when it's 100 degrees with 80% humidity. You're sweatin profusely, the sweat isn't doing it's job because the humidity is so high. Dust is stickin to you. Your arms are cut up from the 100lb alfalfa bales because you gave up on the long sleeve shirt idea around 8AM. Your gloves are starting to get holes in them and your fingers are so sore they feel like they were slammed in a car door.

They you realize that you're only half way done!

Can't say I miss it much but it sure gave me an understanding of "sucking it up" and gave me an appreciation for hard work!

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Yep. GREAT idea. That'll teach you to be a man! Especially when it's 100 degrees with 80% humidity. You're sweatin profusely, the sweat isn't doing it's job because the humidity is so high. Dust is stickin to you. Your arms are cut up from the 100lb alfalfa bales because you gave up on the long sleeve shirt idea around 8AM. Your gloves are starting to get holes in them and your fingers are so sore they feel like they were slammed in a car door.

call me a sicko but i really really miss those days nothing in this word i enjoy more than the hayfeild

and behoned all this stuff i have hayfever which used to be so bad i took shots weekly :bangin: i still miss it though

·
5,631 Posts
In the past few years the only hay hauling I've done has involved a JD 7810, 4850 or 4455 pulling implements and some kind of gas powered bale wagon that picks up square bales and stacks them for you!

But you're right. There's nothing that smells better than a freshly cut hay field (except maybe honeysuckle on a pond bank while you're cat fishing). Plus the reward of being done and sitting back with a big glass of something cold and wet.

·
PURE KILLER
38,011 Posts
Originally posted by huntforfunnfood

call me a sicko but i really really miss those days nothing in this word i enjoy more than the hayfeild

and behoned all this stuff i have hayfever which used to be so bad i took shots weekly :bangin: i still miss it though

man that is something i don't miss at all just thinking about it gives makes me sweat,i think i am going to have a beer now.:wink4:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.