Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a cheap small calibur rifle. When I say cheap less then $400. Would like a .223 or smaller .204, 22-250, 220 etc. I can buy a new savage at wally world for $377 with a simmons blazer scope. Scope nothing but would make a good spare. I don't care what shape it's in cause it gonna be used as a farm rifle (ride around in the truck and on four wheeler). Also if anybody knows of a good sale on a new stevens or savage or rem 770 or 710 that would work also. Thanks for you'll's help.:sniper:

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
get a savage with the accu trigger STAY AWAY from the 710

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm gonna buy either the stevens or the savage if I don't come across a good deal on a used one. The stevens is only $249 and I know how to adjust the old 110 trigger so how could you go wrong.

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Originally posted by skull stacker
I'm gonna buy either the stevens or the savage if I don't come across a good deal on a used one. The stevens is only $249 and I know how to adjust the old 110 trigger so how could you go wrong.
you can't find a better deal than that used! well and not have it shoot worth a darn too. would save a lot of cash to be used on ammo

·
Banned
1,048 Posts
Even if its at Wallymart its good. Same gun.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
$249 is walmarts price but my local pawn shop has them for $279 with a real tree ap camo stock. I put a 22-250 on lay-away. He told me that the ones he has in stock will go for $279 and all the new ones will be $299. Comes to $301 after tax. So for under $500 you get a good shooting rifle and you can get a good scope for it. Might buy another in a different calibur, they had 22-250, 300 savage, 7mm-08, 308, 30-06, 270. Thats what they had in stock for $279, but he said they won't last long.:sniper:

·
Registered
877 Posts
no there not the same had a friend bought a savage from wallyworld it wouldnt fire sent it back to savage they said the gun was 4 years old and was returned to walmart once they didnt send it in for repair but put it back on the shelf 3 years later now the gun dealers i deal with wouldnt do that so i say wallymart doesnt sell the same guns they have 0 integrity

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Walmart guns are not always the same. Sometimes they use cheaper internal parts to get the cost down, so they can sell them so cheap. They also sell a lot of remanufactured guns and don't disclose it. If someone buys a gun at a regular gun shop and has problems with it and sends it back, that gun gets fixed and ends up at a wally world. I would watch it with wallyworld guns. Gotta like those savages though, shoot great for a reasonable price. especially with the accutrigger

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Originally posted by midmomoney
no there not the same had a friend bought a savage from wallyworld it wouldnt fire sent it back to savage they said the gun was 4 years old and was returned to walmart once they didnt send it in for repair but put it back on the shelf 3 years later now the gun dealers i deal with wouldnt do that so i say wallymart doesnt sell the same guns they have 0 integrity
Originally posted by pcrusher
Walmart guns are not always the same. Sometimes they use cheaper internal parts to get the cost down, so they can sell them so cheap. They also sell a lot of remanufactured guns and don't disclose it. If someone buys a gun at a regular gun shop and has problems with it and sends it back, that gun gets fixed and ends up at a wally world. I would watch it with wallyworld guns. Gotta like those savages though, shoot great for a reasonable price. especially with the accutrigger
guys i'm sorry but that is pure folly at best, urbin legend at least. walmart does not do anything to the firearms, they have no secret whare house where they re-engineer these things to be cheaper. they by in bulk, and get them cheaper because of that. they have on occasion had a mfr do a special run for them with the walmart name on the firearm. but if it is not a specific run with walmart name on it then it is the EXACT same firearm as sold in any other retail store or gun shop, period!

·
Confirmed Bachelor
10,482 Posts
Jim, I agree exactly with what you have said. I bought a Model 70 at Wal-Mart on close-out 7 years ago. Exact same gun you'd find at other stores. And it's a top notch shooter.

Seems like in one of the cases above, it was a store managers problem that it was put back on the shelf. On a few recent visits to Wal-Mart I've looked at their rifles/shotguns and they are the EXACT same ones you'll see at your local gun shop.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Originally posted by JimH
Originally posted by midmomoney
Originally posted by pcrusher
guys i'm sorry but that is pure folly at best, urbin legend at least. walmart does not do anything to the firearms, they have no secret whare house where they re-engineer these things to be cheaper. they by in bulk, and get them cheaper because of that. they have on occasion had a mfr do a special run for them with the walmart name on the firearm. but if it is not a specific run with walmart name on it then it is the EXACT same firearm as sold in any other retail store or gun shop, period!
I Have no idea about guns, but the factory I used to work at had to make a cheaper, Less dependable, lighter product to be able to sell it to Wally world & that was the only place we could sell it too (by contract).
I bought a winchester 30/06 on clearance(only had 1 left) at a wally that was closing & moving to a new location & got the 3 day wait on my background check(I always did for some reason), went back to get it & the clerk told me it was already sold, oh well & went home. 1 month later I recieved a call from the sporting goods mgr. of the new store to come pick my gun up ! He said that the 1 gun had been sold 9 times, by the same employee & they made it right with all of us, it was like $150 off of retail price.

·
Registered
13,334 Posts
Originally posted by skull stacker
$249 is walmarts price but my local pawn shop has them for $279 with a real tree ap camo stock. I put a 22-250 on lay-away. He told me that the ones he has in stock will go for $279 and all the new ones will be $299. Comes to $301 after tax. So for under $500 you get a good shooting rifle and you can get a good scope for it. Might buy another in a different calibur, they had 22-250, 300 savage, 7mm-08, 308, 30-06, 270. Thats what they had in stock for $279, but he said they won't last long.:sniper:
300 win mag..;):cheers::cheers:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts