Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Caught a nice bass that I would like to get mounted. Looking for references for a taxidermist in the KC metro area. Also any rough estimates on cost for a fish mount?

·
Registered
70,470 Posts
Call Forty Woods Bait and Tackle at Woods Chapel and 40 hiway. There was a guy that rented space a few years back that did a good job on a bass that I caught out of Lake Jacomo. Wrap it in a wet towel and freeze it while you are looking for a taxidermist.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mailman the guy at 40 woods retired. I wrapped it in freezer paper and vaccume sealed it. I called one place over by cabelas and they quoted me at $15 an inch. Is that about right?

·
Registered
70,470 Posts
Sound a bit high to me but it has been 15 years since I had a fish mounted. I been eating them all since. Do a google search for Kansas City Taxidermist. That should give you some phone numbers and prices. Hopefully someone on site can recommend one somewhere close by. I do know a guy clear up in Bethany that does good work on about anything that walks or swims. Mark Booth is his name. Couldn't tell you the name of his shop tho.

·
5,632 Posts
I picked up a flier for a place here in jeff City not too long ago and it was $8/inch. $100 minimum. I'm sorry I don't remember the place.

·
6,644 Posts
I had my buck mounted in Norborne which is a little over an hour east of KC. He did a good job, except it got stolen from his place. Caught the guy and I got it back though. I am thinking about taking my crappie I caught a few weeks ago over to him. My Dad saw a stringer of crappie he did for a place down at Truman and said it looked great. It is called Brooke's Taxidermy.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Originally posted by MTRaised
Mailman the guy at 40 woods retired. I wrapped it in freezer paper and vaccume sealed it. I called one place over by cabelas and they quoted me at $15 an inch. Is that about right?
Was that Second Creation by any chance?

If it was they have had my first coyote for 18 months. I have called and called and called and left message after message after message with no reply.:mad:

You might want to rethink using them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.