Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13,810 Posts
Not my primary rifle, just sucks not being able to buy ammo. Contacted all the manufacturers they say still active just can't say when it will be produced.
They only do seasonal "runs" of that ammo about once every two years or so, so IF you see some, buy all you can afford, because it might be another two years before you see any more. This is about the same situation as several other cartridges, like the .30/40 Krag, .303 British, etc.
If it's not a popular load, like .243, 6.5, .270, .308, and .30/06, it's a "seasonal" loading. There are tons more .30/30s out there than .35s, so guess what will get made more often? It's all about the money, and the ammo companies want to make money. That's why they're in business.............

·
Registered
1,170 Posts

This is all I could find. No personal experience, google reviews before giving them your Credit Card.

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
Might check with sportsman's outfitters (pawn shop) in Warsaw, he usually has a lot of stuff.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
If it’s not your primary gun I would wait until you can get some for $2 a round. Or buy a reloaded kit and a die and buy some components and put them together yourself but you would have to shoot a lot to make that investment pencil out.

·
Registered
489 Posts

·
Triple Creek Hunter
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys. No one really has stock. Did find couple boxes Located in IA but they can't ship. Little far of a drive I am in Warsaw . I will be in northern MO 1st weekend in Nov . If IA still has them will run up there. Just glad it's not my primary rifle.

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
If you are in Warsaw did you check with sportsman's outfitters, Scott usually has most stuff.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
You’re probably better off checking estate sales for that cartridge… heck ya may even find a nice JM Marlin or Remmy 760 that it fits in at the same sale

1 - 20 of 20 Posts