looking for a new trail cam

Discussion in 'Hunting Gear (General)' started by riverbottomhunter, Sep 11, 2017.

1. riverbottomhunter

riverbottomhunter Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2005
    Chariton Co.
    Anyone purchased a new trail cam lately they really want to brag on? I am in the market for 1 more. I have had great luck with Moultrie over the years and horrible luck with cuddyback. Looking for something under $150...under $100 would be even better. Mostly just for pictures but might switch it over to video mode at times. AA batteries is a must, that is if they even make them in C or D anymore. Will be putting it over a food plot.
  2. Bootheel Boy

Bootheel Boy Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    I've got Brownings. They have been good to me so far and battery life has been great. The Strike Force is a good all purpose camera. It takes pictures, video, and has plot watcher mode.

3. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I agree with Bootheel Boy that the Brownings seem to be the go to camera from a lot of members around here. I don't have any myself, but if I were to get another one or two, I'd look at those.
  4. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    I've got Bushnells and Moultries that have served me well but the talk seems to favor the Brownings lately. That I believe will be my next one. I'm down to 4 cams after my other brands have shot craps.
  5. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
  6. hazelvillebucks

hazelvillebucks Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2014
    THE browning have been good but this year they updated from a 2 m.p.ensor to a 4 m.p. sensor. long term that should allow for even better cams but if you want a cam that is at the top of th tree of evolution for pictures go with the red flash 2016 btc 5 hd e. The ELITE IS, OVER ALL THE 2017,S HAVE FALLEN A FEW BRANCHES DOWN FROM THE LIMB THE ELITE SITS UPON.You might want to get at least 2 of them , it might be a while before the others climb back to their limb on the tree.
    Crappie likes this.
  7. swat1018

swat1018 Active Member

Jan 1, 2013
    I agree with Haze, 2016 Browning Strike Force Elite. Google BTC5HDE.
  8. Steelman

Steelman Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2009
    I'm running 3 Browning cams right now and have had good luck with them. I also had good luck with the Moultries, my 5 year old Moultrie shot craps this year. My 3 year old Moultrie still works but I just put it up around the house.