looking for a new trail cam

Discussion in 'Hunting Gear (General)' started by riverbottomhunter, Sep 11, 2017.

1. riverbottomhunter

riverbottomhunter Active Member

Sep 27, 2005
    Chariton Co.
    Anyone purchased a new trail cam lately they really want to brag on? I am in the market for 1 more. I have had great luck with Moultrie over the years and horrible luck with cuddyback. Looking for something under $150...under $100 would be even better. Mostly just for pictures but might switch it over to video mode at times. AA batteries is a must, that is if they even make them in C or D anymore. Will be putting it over a food plot.

2. Bootheel Boy

Bootheel Boy Active Member

Sep 4, 2012
    SEMO
    I've got Brownings. They have been good to me so far and battery life has been great. The Strike Force is a good all purpose camera. It takes pictures, video, and has plot watcher mode.

3. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I agree with Bootheel Boy that the Brownings seem to be the go to camera from a lot of members around here. I don't have any myself, but if I were to get another one or two, I'd look at those.

4. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    I've got Bushnells and Moultries that have served me well but the talk seems to favor the Brownings lately. That I believe will be my next one. I'm down to 4 cams after my other brands have shot craps.

5. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
  6. hazelvillebucks

hazelvillebucks Active Member

Oct 28, 2014
    THE browning have been good but this year they updated from a 2 m.p.ensor to a 4 m.p. sensor. long term that should allow for even better cams but if you want a cam that is at the top of th tree of evolution for pictures go with the red flash 2016 btc 5 hd e. The ELITE IS, OVER ALL THE 2017,S HAVE FALLEN A FEW BRANCHES DOWN FROM THE LIMB THE ELITE SITS UPON.You might want to get at least 2 of them , it might be a while before the others climb back to their limb on the tree.

Crappie likes this.
  7. swat1018

swat1018 Member

Jan 1, 2013
    LaBelle
    I agree with Haze, 2016 Browning Strike Force Elite. Google BTC5HDE.

8. Steelman

Steelman Active Member

Dec 29, 2009
    I'm running 3 Browning cams right now and have had good luck with them. I also had good luck with the Moultries, my 5 year old Moultrie shot craps this year. My 3 year old Moultrie still works but I just put it up around the house.