Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a gun safe that will hold 20-40 rifles. I am looking for a high quality safe that I will never have to worry about someone breaking into and can't drive off with. I plan on bolting it to the floor. The only place I have really found any is on the cabelas site. If you could point me in the right direction or suggest a safe I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
I think basspro has one on sale right now for around 500....11/22 guns...the 11/22 that I bought several years ago, would hold 22 guns if they were all unscoped 22's....the numbers lie!!! Buy a bigger one if you can!!!!

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
yeah bigger is better you always end up getting more guns.

don't know if you care that much for looks or not but if you need looks and function the browning safes are sweet.

personally i just wanted heavey like 5 men and a mule to move didn't care what mine looked like

·
Navy/Air Force/Army
17,250 Posts
I think everyone and there neighbor sells gun safes now. Wal-Mart, Bass Pro, Orscheln's, my local John Deere dealer, MFA, along with a lot of gun dealers.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, thanks for the info guys. I'll check out bass pro. I have a safe now that will hold about 10 scoped rifels and I need another that will hold around 20 to 30 more. I've needed another safe for years but finally decided it is time to get one. i would like one that would be very hard to move. What type of dehumidifier (sp.) do you guys recommend. I am going to cabelas in a few hours to view some cases in person!!

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Mailman!!! I think I am going to go with a 70" x 36" x 24. I think I am going to take out there rack holders and make a custom holder myself. I think I should be able to store 25 rifles realisticly (sp.). Thanks again for all your help guys!!

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Originally posted by Boartuff
At one time, wasn't there a gun safe made in MO? I thought there was, somewhere between Glasgow and Boonville...
That was Squier's safes, in Slater...I don't believe they are in business anymore.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.