Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Navy/Air Force/Army
17,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to my own juvenile tendencies to pretend I'm still young:stickfight: I have caused harm to myself that puts my bow hunting in jeapordy this fall. While it is funny:rotfl: the resulting injury was just plain dumb. Nothing serious, mind you, but I tore some tendons in my right upper arm back in early July and hoped it would get better. Marginal improvement so far so I went to the doc yesterday, he told me at least six months.
How you ask? Well it would be great if I could tell you I was leaping tall buildings in a single bound or saving the dame in the castle, but it happened on a slip n slide.:wink::hysterical: And yes there was :cheers: involved, and also Crown shots.
The doc said he'd give me a crossbow waiver if I wanted one, because I can't pull my bow back.

So.... I'm looking for a cheap crossbow that I can use this season and then resell it after season. Do any archery shops loan out crossbows? I'd really like to borrow one from someone thats letting one collect dust.

·
Registered
118 Posts
One thing you might want to check is the independent living centers in your area. Some have loan closets where you can borrow equipment. The better ones even have crossbows at times. That way, you could borrow it without spending. Too bad this wasn't last fall when I could have borrowed you my spare. Unfortunately, I gave it away to a fellow that needed one to hunt with!
Don

·
Registered
23 Posts
I might be able to help. I have a crossbow that I do not use anymore that I could depart with. I will have to get all the details when I'm at home and give you the info.

I hate to be a one post person pedaling goods but I just found this site from a link from gogop on another forum.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
I have one I can loan you until you get back in action. send me a U2U if you are interested. No need buying one if its a Temp. thing. Its has whacked deer & turkey both so I know it does the job... Mark...

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Originally posted by hunter7x
Oh and not one of you is going to mention the slip and slide !!

:wink4:
Okay, someone spit it out :hysterical:

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Oh my, that ain't a pretty picture :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.