Looking at Tenpoints

Discussion in 'Crossbows' started by HomebrewDad, Feb 6, 2018.

1. HomebrewDad

HomebrewDad Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2014
    Looking at picking up the Tenpoint Eclipse RCX. Anyone own this or shot one? Thoughts? Kind of waiting to see if they come down in price now that the new NXT models are out.
  2. fishshooter

fishshooter Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2007
    All I know is dad has the titan and I have the carbon nitro and they are excellent bows, with good service.

Dad had a limb that got a crack and they sent him a new "bow" and it got here quick.

I like the dry fire inhibitor and the wide guard to keep your fingers where they are supposed to be.
    HomebrewDad likes this.

3. bajabill

bajabill BDR529

Feb 16, 2012
    East Central MO
    I was not thrilled with the accudraw. I have never used them, or carried them in the field, but it seemed like something else to get caught on brush etc.

The Turbo GT has an option to delete the accudraw, and I have the Titan SS without the accudraw. Full disclosure, I did not want to spend any more than I did so higher up the Tenpoint foodchain was not one of my considerations. Price drops are slow from what I have seen in my limited exposure over the last few years watching Tenpoint.
  4. WBF

WBF Wolf Brook Farms

Oct 25, 2013
    I never had any issues with the Acu-Draw. The location and the way it's integrated into the stock makes it just about impossible to catch anything or hook anything on it.
    STTH likes this.
  5. fishshooter

fishshooter Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2007
    I did loose my Acu Draw wrench it is out in KS somewhere, a 1/4" socket fits it.

If you have trouble drawing it's very handy.

Dad has the strings (can't remember what they are called) they are a lot faster but require more physical force.
  6. STTH

STTH Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2006
    Turd Crick North
    I have the Horton Storm made by Ten Point, it is reverse limb and with acudraw. Like it a lot.