Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, this is drtnshtr from over at Archery Talk.com and I thought I would share with you what one of your members over here at Missouri Whitetails did.....You see we are having a fundraiser over on AT for a youngster thats in a wheelchair and shoots archery....His name is Chris Roland and we are trying to raise enough $$ for him to get a power wheelchair...here is the link to his story http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=343035

Here is what one of the members here at MW posted....Chris

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Believe me bro, I know exactly what you're going through...

I've been in a chair for 27 1/2 years (T7 paraplegic), and it's so frustrating to be further limited simply because of the price of mobility products.

I just received an X4 Extreme from the Veterans Administration, a few months ago. It has dramatically opened up my world, to new possibilities. I took my first Spring gobbler (in 7 years) in April, only because I could finally get to where they were. I've owned 80 acres for the past 7 years, and now I can finally get around to see it all. And this coming Fall, I'm definitely looking forward to finally being able to get down to my creek, where all the deer like to hide.

I participated in my first 3D shoots this year, too ~ but only because of the X4's capabilities.

I'm happy to help a brother out ~ I'll be sending $25 thru PayPal, ASAP.

If you ever want/need to contact me, I can be found at MissouriWhitetails.com. I go by the username "Chairman". I'm an administrator of the forum, and I'm there every day:

Here is a big THANK YOU going out to your very own CHAIRMAN;):eek:

·
5,632 Posts
Another testament to Rick's character!

:cheers:

·
Registered
11,987 Posts
:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by Chairman
Awww, shucks... :wink:

Just helping out where I can. I just wish it could have been more.

I hope it all comes together for ya', Chris. :cheers:
Every little bit is a huge step towards our goal of getting chris a new chair...that new chair you got there rick is awesome and exactly what we are looking for.... Thanks again!!!;)

·
Under appreciated
92,119 Posts
Doesnt surprise me in the least.. Rick is that kinda guy, ya know.

·
19,585 Posts
Originally posted by MUHunter

This young man can probably learn a ton from you!
Maybe in some areas, but when it comes to shooting a bow, I'm sure he could teach me a lot. Especially since I'm finally taking up the compound bow this year...

drtnshtr ~ Yeah, the 4x4 chair's awesome. Just ask some of the guys 'round here, that's seen it in action. Here's a pic from the 3D shoot, that I was talkin' about earlier. It was a benefit for disabled hunts that we offer at MissouriWhitetails (free to disabled hunters). They added a crossbow class, so disabled hunters could participate, too. But after carrying & ****ing that puppy 40 times, that's when I decided to try a compound bow:

Notice the terrain ~ the fact that I was able to complete the course, plus pull most of my arrows, speaks tons for this chair.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Not a suprise what-so-ever!!
Great stuff Chairman!!
:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
That looks like a great set-up you got going there Chairman!

I wouldn't mind sending a few $$$ to the cause. Exspecially to young people who are less fortunate.
How can I do this?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.