Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On August 2, 1987, Don Brown established a world record for distance by shooting an arrow with a 132-pound handheld recurve bow 1,336 yards, 1 foot, 3 inches. Information taken form April 2006 Outdoor Life.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Originally posted by Big John
WOW!! There are people in Alabama that don't go that far on vacation.
:hysterical:Foxworthy said the same thing after walking to a dandy buck he dropped. Not sure but I am thinking it was over 400 yard shot.

·
5,632 Posts
Good night! That's right at 3/4 mile!

·
Under appreciated
92,120 Posts
Imagine 132# pull.. golly!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Immediately following the shot he turned to his only child and said.....go on git that fer me, wind kinda knocked her down at the end!

sorry some I just do for me
:rotfl::hysterical::rotfl::hysterical:

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Originally posted by rat
Imagine 132# pull.. golly!
And WHAT KIND OF BOW WAS IT??????????hehehe...I guess the "war bows" of midieval(sp) times were 80-100lbs plus...Of course, most of those bows I believe were long bow styles. Boy, Robin Hood musta been a stud!!!

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Originally posted by shortmag
Immediately following the shot he turned to his only child and said.....go on git that fer me, wind kinda knocked her down at the end!

sorry some I just do for me
:rotfl::hysterical::rotfl::hysterical:
Shortmag...that is a good one!!! Too funny...lol:cheers:

·
Registered
70,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by fireman_3311[/i]

Boy, Robin Hood musta been a stud!!! [/quote] Yea.....A Stud.......wearing tights.

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Originally posted by Mailman
Originally posted by fireman_3311[/i]

Boy, Robin Hood musta been a stud!!!
Yea.....A Stud.......wearing tights. [/quote]

The lovely Maid Marian didn't seem ta mind I guess...lol. But I always thought it was dem tree muskateers in tights dat worried me most...hehehe

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.