Longbeards in Nebraska

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting General' started by OzarkMtnLanyards, Feb 16, 2006.

1. I was wondering if anyone has hunted any longbeards in Nebraska? I will be going up there for work for about 3-5 months and will probably not make it back home to partake in the usual hunting festivities. I was hoping to get into some Marriams while i'm up there. Is hunting Marriams/Rios any different than Easterns? Any info anyone might have would be great. Thanks

2. I haven't hunted Rio's in Nebraska but have in other states and find them not to be much different than Eastern's when it comes to hunting them. I do however think that they are much more vocal than Eastern's in alot of cases.

Not much info here about hunting Nebraska but I know they have some good public ground as well as Indian Reservation ground which you have to pay a small trespass fee to hunt.

They also have a early archery season that starts in March for turkeys and you must obtain a bowhunters saftey course to be legal.

GOOD LUCK!

3. stinkpickle

stinkpickle New Member

Dec 7, 2004
    I don't know about Nebraska Rios, but the ones I hunted in Texas last year would gobble all day long! It was awesome! It's a lazy gobble compared to an Eastern's, but they use it often. They respond really well to locator calls in the middle of the day.

4. Good deal. Thanks for the information.

5. huntforfunnfood

huntforfunnfood New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    man it would be awsome to have one of those white striped fans on the wall