Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend that want a long bow (or wooden bow) but dont have much money. He has about $120 and im not sure wat he wants it for. I job shadowed ron tompson of Mid Mo Taxidermy and i was wondering if yall think he could do it. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
19 Posts
What the plan is for the bow is a casual use. I might go hunting with it and all. I've always been into achery since I was little, I've even made my own bows, even though they were just junk bows. If you know anyone that can sell a good wooden bow for a good price, tell me please.

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,475 Posts
What poundage and length are you looking for? Have you checked out archerytalk.com yet? They've got a VERY large for sale section there, just FYI.

Wish I could help out more specifically, but I don't know anyone that has one.

Parker

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
Originally posted by 31Davi-d13
Parker man your wicked awesome! thanks for the help, i'm gonna look at the site u talked about. I'm looking for a 45lb drawback and length about 53in.

Thanks!
I'm glad to see you aren't going to overbow yourself...that's one of the biggest mistakes I see people do when switching to traditional archery...I'm fresh out of bows for sale at this time, but will keep my eyes open for you. If you are interested in making your own selfbow, you should click on the link at the bottom of my post, and check out MOJAM...Mo. Ozark Selfbow Jamboree, right here in Marshall, Mo. There will be 3 full days of selfbow making, flint knapping, and traditional archery vendors to boot....everything you'll ever need and more!!! I've been shooting trad since 1998, so if I can be any help at all, don't be afraid to help!!!

Also, a couple of traditional sites that I frequent, have tons of good guys on there, with way more knowledge than I, along with classified ads, tons of bows for sale are....stickbow.com, and tradgang.com

·
Your Local Know It All
7,020 Posts
Originally posted by 31Davi-d13
Thanks alot fireman, it means alot to me. My friend, Buckbuster14, showed me this site, and said i would like it. I do! the people here are really nice, i'm not used to it:stickfight: <-- Thats what i'm kinda used to.
This site is great! The best people on the net.

:stickfight: been down that road myself until I found my home at MO Whitetails!

BTH

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
So what's the scoop...did ya find a longbow yet??? Come to marshall the middle of july, you'll be able to make your own selfbow, or at the very least, try out a ton of longbows and recurves!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.