Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres a pic af a bearded hen in my yard. i am pretty sure shes the same one i have been watching for the last three years.

her beard has a hard crook in it and i would guess its about an 8 incher

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
not to bad for a hen

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
not bad at all.neat pic.

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Good pic...You lookin to pluck her this year?

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nope wouldn't think of it hayzer
nothing against any one that takes one perfectly legal i just can't make my self shoot a bearded hen

she would make a good one if some one was looking to mount one though
the pics don't really do her justice i was looking at her though the big scope and she was with another hen she has a very fuzzy head kinda cool and some of her beard must been in the grass in the pics or she was holding it funny cause i guarentteee its a good 8 inches if not more one of the best beards i have seen on a hen fairly heavy and good and long
not a paint brush like i have seen on some toms but good for a girl

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Well I've never seen one in the wild, so it's a cool pic for me. I'd have a tough time deciding whether to take her for a mount or not. But, if I had seen one several times and have photos, I might be like you and be happy with pics.

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Very neat pic HFFF!
Thanks for sharing!
:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
Tony, neat pic and like you they are Off-Limits to me. I want every available hen out havin' babies come Spring.;)

Jack

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Originally posted by fireman_3311
8 inches...suuurreee, we know....your wife told us how you measure things....hehehe
:hysterical::roll2::D:eek::eek::bangin::D:roll2::hysterical:

That's good fireman

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.