Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been slow up here in Macon. Deer seem to be all gone or nocturnal lots of pressure this year. Yesterday I carried rifle and bow. Today rifle only. Trying to get one more doe for a friend.

This morning I had two coyotes go by but too dark to shoot. Then about 15 min ago one came back into crp. Now he is taking a long nap right in the middle of this pic.

[file]81561[/file]

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Nice work!!! Those yotes all need a dirt nap!:claphands:
Hope you get to fill that doe tag, good luck!!:cheers:

·
Button Buck Aficionado
1,194 Posts
is it legal to carry a bow and rifle????????????????? enlighten me ASAP as it's almost time to get into the stand and I saw a good buck lastnight when i was skulking around some timber close to home

·
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hope it was legal. Can't see why not? It's not during the first half of season of course.

I had no luck yesterday or this week. That will wrap up my season.

Here is a pic of the coyote. I hit him a little far back but not bad for a 120 yd shot and he was trotting.

[file]81672[/file]

·
Banned
81,616 Posts
[rquote=1490285&tid=104086&author=Drenalinjunky]is it legal to carry a bow and rifle????????????????? [/rquote]

No,,regular firearms season is the only time its legal to carry both. Anytime the bow season is open its not legal to hunt with both weapons at the same time.

:cheers::cheers:

·
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[rquote=1490675&tid=104086&author=henry][rquote=1490285&tid=104086&author=Drenalinjunky]is it legal to carry a bow and rifle????????????????? [/rquote]

No,,regular firearms season is the only time its legal to carry both. Anytime the bow season is open its not legal to hunt with both weapons at the same time.

:cheers::cheers:[/rquote]

oops.....glad I didnt have any luck?

·
Registered
17,011 Posts
:eek::eek:

i would apologize, them outdoor law enforcement agent types paruse this site a lot and since you have gone and admitted you violated a law, i would expect a visit. here is what you tell them, i was just joshin, and oh you can get a statement out of me through my attorney, ______________________. good day sir. i said good day sir, you may leave.:D

j/k. mistakes happen, you are a better outdoorsman from learning from your mistakes. it is how we all grow.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Agree....You didn't know, you admitted your mistake. No harm no foul in my opinion. Nice YOTE:claphands:

·
Registered
69,800 Posts
Well.....he knows the law now so let it be. No harm done. We all learn the rules with time and sometimes it isn't a good outcome. I'm willing to bet he doesn't do it again now that he knows the law.

·
Registered
17,011 Posts
[rquote=1490988&tid=104086&author=Mailman]Well.....he knows the law now so let it be. No harm done. We all learn the rules with time and sometimes it isn't a good outcome. I'm willing to bet he doesn't do it again now that he knows the law.[/rquote]

that yote would disagree w the no harm done thing:hysterical:

·
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If a MDC agent has nothing better to do than come and visit me for an honest mistake and let him come... I have to be honest, it was really a pain hauling both into the woods, both up a tree 20' to a fixed stand, getting both ready and then getting them both down and back out again....

I really won't be doing it ever again just because of that royal pain in the you know what....

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,051 Posts
[rquote=1491693&tid=104086&author=ltp]If a MDC agent has nothing better to do than come and visit me for an honest mistake and let him come... I have to be honest, it was really a pain hauling both into the woods, both up a tree 20' to a fixed stand, getting both ready and then getting them both down and back out again....

I really won't be doing it ever again just because of that royal pain in the you know what....

[/rquote]

I wouldn't sweat it at this point in time. Lesson learned. I would struggle to see an agent calling you up based on this internet post, but if he does, be honest. The agent's I've talked to over the years have told me the quickest way to talk yourself into a ticket is by trying to lie your way out of one. :cheers:

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
70,980 Posts
[rquote=1491702&tid=104086&author=pinwheel]

The agent's I've talked to over the years have told me the quickest way to talk yourself into a ticket is by trying to lie your way out of one. :cheers:

[/rquote]

Honesty really is the best policy.... Been that way for a long time.....:thinking:

And, if in doubt about any rule, just look it up before you go into the field..... Don't take much time, and you just might learn something.....:2thumbsup:

·
Registered
23,529 Posts
[rquote=1490285&tid=104086&author=Drenalinjunky]is it legal to carry a bow and rifle????????????????? enlighten me ASAP as it's almost time to get into the stand and I saw a good buck lastnight when i was skulking around some timber close to home[/rquote]

My guess would be that if you're hunting on a firearms tag during the antlerless portion of the season, you could carry both, but if you'e hunting on an archery tag, it would be illegal.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts