Live from the cold......stand

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by Jeremy, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    Got in this stand on the edge of a cut corn field at 0-dark thirty. About an hour ago I had a yote come running through the field, and in the past 15 minutes had a doe and button buck at 18 yards but there was a branch between me and the doe every time she stopped. They moved on up the hill, 5 minutes ago had another doe pass through at 40 yards, not a shot I was willing to take in the timber. Also had a group of turkeys, 2 hens and 10 poults cruise through picking up corn. Gonna break out the vector and see what shakes here, rattling antlers a good idea ya think???

2. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

I'd rattle!!!:wave:

3. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Use the grunter but I think the fighting days are past....more into the Lovin Mode right now.

4. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Between Fireman and I....two hunters...two different suggestions.

:smiley:

5. Hoytshooter

Hoytshooter New Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    If they're in the lovin' mode you can bet they're in the fightin' mode. Rattlefor sure

6. scooter

scooter New Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Brashear
    I pulled a card this morning and had pictures of 4 bucks who all looked like they had been brawling. One has blood on the end of his left antler. I rattled in a 140" buck night before last. I would be hitting the horns....

7. 20 feet high

20 feet high CROSSBOW HATER!

Feb 19, 2009
  8. MTD

MTD Member

Aug 20, 2008
    Eureka
    I usually do a sequence of grunts and give it a half hour to an hour and if nothing strolls by hit up the grunter again followed by some rattling action.

9. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    Apparently nobody knows how to put dogs in ankennel when they leave. Both our dogs just came running down the driveway and though this corn field. Almost a mile away from the house!!!! Wife and kids just left about half hour ago!!

10. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    Just noticed a HUGE ground scrape about 35yds from this stand, this things gotta be 3ft in diameter at least and it's really tore up.

11. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    Rest of the morning was a non event, got a cam set over that scrape now, scouted another area loaded with ground scrapes. Gonna set a cam over them tomorrow