Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome everyone here we go again. Happy Thanksgiving eve to everyone. Today we will be riding the tree in the gail force winds. May not be up here too long. Stay tuned folks we are back with the smokin dually and looking for Mr. Big!

BTH:2thumbsup:

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well so far no sign of a deer. I will be sending photos to DForbis for him to post. Thanks D!

The wind is cold for sure. May end up getting out of the tree if it picks up like they say it will. Right now its blowing out of the WNW at a steady rate. It acts like it could begin gusting anytime now.

BURRRRRR

·
2,842 Posts
Good luck buddy, I won't tell you how nice and warm it is in the house. Just a second BTH, "Yes Honey, scrambeled, Toast and OJ, thanks" Sorry, wife was making me breakfast. Anyways hope you have a good sit in the tree.

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wind has calmed a bit. Two red tailed hawks are giving the tree rats a fit.

So far nothing but tree rats and hawks.

BTH

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just scared the bajesus out of one of the hawks as he passed my tree

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The deer normally come from the north headed south. They cross the ridge I'm on between my location and the fence. The fence is 63 yards away (pic1).

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here comes the wind now with vengence!

Going to switch locations. Be back in 45 min or so.

BTH

·
11,357 Posts
Here are some pics from BTH on his way to his new location. Found 3 scrapes within 50 yards of each other. Be careful matt, bucks wiz in those things:scared::hysterical::hysterical:

[file]81082[/file]

[file]81080[/file]

[file]81078[/file]

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I need some advice from the MWT brotherhood. Do you think I should hunt the scrape line?

·
2,842 Posts
I would say no. Hunt food!!! Unless your seeing some chasing activity. I will be all over the food as soon as I can get back out. Except for one big boy, I have him patterened and I am going to slip in his bedroom and try to schwak him

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Scrape line is on a travel route to food. White Oaks that is.
Only food source around here that and some buck brush they don't ever begin eating it until the snow falls.

Taking a break now from the wind. I had to get more clothes. Will be back out later on today.

BTH

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.