Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am starting my x-mas list for next year...a little early I know. Anyway, I have been toying with the idea of getting a semi-auto 12 ga. for a while now. What are my options in the "under $1000" range.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,097 Posts
REmington 11-87
Browning Gold
Mossberg 935
Winchester Super X2
Dont know how much Nellis are
Stoeger

some of these may have been replaced by other models
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,319 Posts
Try and find a used under under priced Benelli! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Lefty
Try and find a used under under priced Benelli! ;)
are you sure you didnt mean "under under under priced"?:rof2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by Gakic24
Originally posted by tjmstng68
Is the Remington 1100 right around $1000?
1100 only shoots 2 3/4
oh, didnt know that. I want to be able to shoot atleast 3s, 3.5 preferably, but now neccesarry.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,097 Posts
Originally posted by tjmstng68
Originally posted by Gakic24
Originally posted by tjmstng68
Is the Remington 1100 right around $1000?
1100 only shoots 2 3/4
oh, didnt know that. I want to be able to shoot atleast 3s, 3.5 preferably, but now neccesarry.
the regular 11-87 will only shoot 3" but I think they make one that will take on 3 1/2's now...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,736 Posts
The 1100 shoots 3" steel shot only. It states to not shoot 3" lead shot for some reason.
Cat
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,011 Posts
under priced and benelli don't go together period.:rof2:

11-87 and the super x2. i own both and either are nice. the super x2 cycles smoother than the 11-87 but the 11-87 points easier for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,097 Posts
Originally posted by catmech_99
The 1100 shoots 3" steel shot only. It states to not shoot 3" lead shot for some reason.
Cat
since when:peepwall::D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by wingmaninmo
under priced and benelli don't go together period.:rof2:

11-87 and the super x2. i own both and either are nice. the super x2 cycles smoother than the 11-87 but the 11-87 points easier for me.
11-87 is cheaper....I believe. say $500-600 right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,011 Posts
yep, you'll pay a little more for the 11-87 that shoots 3 1/2'' if you are adimat about that. you can pick up good used ones a little cheaper that 500.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am not sure about the 3.5incher yet... heck, I barely ever spend the extra$ now....I almost always shoot 3in out of my 870.
I will most like get one that is dipped. I dont feel like my blued gun is as durable as I'd like.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,097 Posts
Originally posted by tjmstng68
I am not sure about the 3.5incher yet... heck, I barely ever spend the extra$ now....I almost always shoot 3in out of my 870.
I will most like get one that is dipped. I dont feel like my blued gun is as durable as I'd like.....
3.5" all the way... Go Big or Go Home!!:hysterical:

Perfect for Sky Bustin:scared:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,668 Posts
The 2 I own are the Mossberg 935 and the Remington 11-87. Something about that 11-87 I just love. Shoulders great for me and I just can't seam to miss with it. The shotgun I had the saturday we went hunting was the 935. Took some getting use to but know I am starting to like it. Not sure on the price of them but I am guessing they are both in the $600 range
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,668 Posts
Originally posted by tjmstng68
I am not sure about the 3.5incher yet... heck, I barely ever spend the extra$ now....I almost always shoot 3in out of my 870.
I will most like get one that is dipped. I dont feel like my blued gun is as durable as I'd like.....
My 11-87 is just 3" but my 935 is 3 1/2". Go with the 3 1/2" great for late season goose hunting. :rock::rock:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,736 Posts
Let Me look for the link. There is a 3" barrel for it.
Cat

Originally posted by Gakic24
Originally posted by catmech_99
The 1100 shoots 3" steel shot only. It states to not shoot 3" lead shot for some reason.
Cat
since when:peepwall::D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,097 Posts
Originally posted by catmech_99
Let Me look for the link. There is a 3" barrel for it.
Cat

Originally posted by Gakic24
Originally posted by catmech_99
The 1100 shoots 3" steel shot only. It states to not shoot 3" lead shot for some reason.
Cat
since when:peepwall::D
never thought of it that way:cheers:
interested in knowing:)
 
1 - 20 of 62 Posts
Top