Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Mountain lion hunter
28,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Lisa and I spent the last weekend of firearms season chasing her first deer.We saw deer every time out but could not close the deal.Well we did the Thanksging day deals and decided to hit the woods around 3:00p.m. After 30 min or so a young doe worked its way out of the brush and we got in position for "the'' shot. Well we was all twisted and turned trying to get it in the scope and it decides to bed down:eek: She was quite shook up over the whole ordeal but we waited it out.Every 10 min of so she would ask ''how much longer do we got?''. At approx 4:45 it stood and we was ready to go.Got it all centered up and Bam! It took off like crazy and I could tell it was hit
We waited abot 10 min and climbed down to check for blood.We was circling around a house sized multi-floral rose bush and I spotted it on the other side but let her finish the recovery:2thumbsup:
She was really excited as this was her first deer and her first year for hunting them.So far its a perfect 1 for 1
She said the .260 did not kick like it did at the range:)

[file]81498[/file]

[file]81500[/file]

·
Grrrrrrr
29,951 Posts
Tell her congrats on her first deer. Isn't is something how a gun may kick like a mule on the range but not at all when shooting a deer? Congrats again!!

·
Super Moderator
7,792 Posts
:claphands::eek::

·
Registered
17,011 Posts
:cheers:

·
Banned
81,616 Posts
Congratulations to her and you both. I'm glad she scored and is sharing the hunting sport with you.:2thumbsup:

:cheers::cheers:

·
PURE KILLER
38,020 Posts
thats great:cheers:

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
:claphands::cheers:

·
8,811 Posts
congrats on her first. :claphands:

·
Registered
13,882 Posts
Congrats, Lisa! :cheers::cheers::cheers: Keep it up girl!

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Congrats! Wish I could get my lady out to hunt. I think I might have finally convinced her to actually come sit in the stand with me sometime. Maybe the next step will be hunting.

Great deer!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts