Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

· Registered
3,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m interested in using them this year but have absolutely no experience with them. Which ones are reliable and which ones do I need to stay away from? Also which color is most visible? I’m shooting Easton Axis 5mm 400s.

15,013 Posts
I tried the Glory nocks this year turkey hunting, they are real easy to turn off with your thumb nail. Same brightness as nocturnals as I have them too

they are made by the guys who originaly made the nocturnals before they were bought out by a big company

· Registered
20,349 Posts
I believe green has been shown to provide the best visibility when it comes to dotted scopes or laser type sights for handguns, AR's. For bowhunting I don't think you can go wrong with Red or Green. The difference in the field would more than likely be negligible. I've had great results with the nocturnal brand. I'll have to look into the glory nock... Ease of shutting them off would be a big plus.

· Registered
842 Posts
I used Nocturnals for the first time last season. I took one practice shot with each nock to make sure they would light, they did. After several days of hunting I went out in the morning and one of the nocks was on and I couldn't get it off. I removed it from the arrow and put it in my pocket. A few days later I drew back on a doe and the nock pulled out of the arrow and the arrow fell to the ground. I don't know if I used the wrong bushing or the nock worked loose. Needless the say I removed the Nocturnals and replaced them with my regular nocks.

15,013 Posts
NAP just came out with a lighted nock. "thunderglow" I know nothing about them, just saw them in a magazine, yeah I am old school, still read magazines
NAP was bought out by one of them big huntin companies so it may be a copy of a different brand...

· Registered
6,228 Posts
I used Nocturnals for the first time last season. I took one practice shot with each nock to make sure they would light, they did. After several days of hunting I went out in the morning and one of the nocks was on and I couldn't get it off. I removed it from the arrow and put it in my pocket. A few days later I drew back on a doe and the nock pulled out of the arrow and the arrow fell to the ground. I don't know if I used the wrong bushing or the nock worked loose. Needless the say I removed the Nocturnals and replaced them with my regular nocks.
The new nocturnal universal nocks with the different collars are JUNK

· Registered
916 Posts
If u r a bow hunter u owe it to the animal to use lighted nocks. U can get a better idea of were the shot placement was so u know how long to wait before starting to track. Ive tried some cheap lighted nocks of of the wish app. They were 6 nocks for one dollar. And i got what I paid for. They were crap. So now i just stick with nocturnals. U have to have something that works.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.