Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get a swivel/blind chair. I have been reading reviews of different ones online and it sounds like most, if not all, are noisy once cold weather hits. So I can accept that. But I would like a well made chair that will last as well and don't mind paying more for it. Looking for advice on chairs you guys have and like. Thanks.

·
14,124 Posts
I sat in one of these a few times this last season, I really like that it has arms on it,(mine do not) easier to read or place your arms while napping

it is on sale on Amazon

·
Registered
198 Posts
I was just researching this a few weeks ago and EVERY site I searched came to the same conclusion…Millennium G100 ground blind chair. Bought it last week so I do t have any reviews but seems well built and light weight.

·
Registered
278 Posts
ALPS OutdoorZ Stealth Hunter Blind Chair

Bought that one a few years ago and the only time it made noise was on a warm morning this year. Never had issue in the cold. I paid $55, but it's going for $160 on Amazon right now for some reason... I like no arms on a hunting chair.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was just researching this a few weeks ago and EVERY site I searched came to the same conclusion…Millennium G100 ground blind chair. Bought it last week so I do t have any reviews but seems well built and light weight.
I didn’t realize they made a ground blind chair. Probably going to be my option because I’ve had either fishing chairs in the past and they are hard to beat

·
14,124 Posts
Thrift store office chair
does it roll in the dirt or do you take the wheels off?
I have used a card table chair, them 3 legged things and a folding blind chair that swivels. But I only use a blind for maybe a week archery turkey hunting and whenever it is real windy or raininng during deer season, so have never justified spending much on a blind chair...put a moving blanket down and take a nap

Our local far store has the one i posed above for $140 and there brand that is just like the ALPS no-arm for $120

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Get you a round stick of wood about 12 inches across, your butt will twist on it good enough for a swivel and it will be quite, I call it the napless chair because your *** will be hurting so bad you won’t be able to take a nap!!

·
6,772 Posts
Rogers makes a knock off of the Alps if you go that route. I think that’s what mine is…I haven’t noticed any noise but haven’t used it much either

·
Under appreciated
90,840 Posts
Rogers makes a knock off of the Alps if you go that route. I think that’s what mine is…I haven’t noticed any noise but haven’t used it much either
I have the rogers chair, and I have no problems with it but it wouldn’t be very portable. Its fine in a shooting house. It isn’t absolutely quiet but it gets the job done and comfortable

Reactions: WBF

·
Registered
31,739 Posts
Millennium is aluminum so it is much lighter and much more expensive than the knockoffs. If you have to carry it I'd say money well spent. If you will be leaving it in a blind or shooting house go with the heavy, cheaper steel models.

·
Grand PooBah
1,708 Posts
I bought 2 of the big Rogers seats this year, at $150 each. I would not do it again. I also bought a $50 WalMart Mossy oak seat, it is just as good without the armrests. The Rogers gets 2 stars out of 5 from me.

·
Over There
8,846 Posts
I bought two of the Hawk swivel blind chairs. They're comfy, but one thing that I will warn against is the height. I have a couple Rhino 150 I used them out of and I sit almost too high in them IMO. The one blind has a slight down hill slope, so it doesn't help.

·
Deadeye
6,047 Posts
Millennium

1 - 19 of 19 Posts