Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Banned
7,215 Posts
All a typical Mo deer hunter needs is a set of surplus camo, an open sighted thurdy-thurdy, and a 30pak of Busch. Toss in a youth size orange vest and a buck 110 to skin out that monster 110” 2.5yo 8pt and you’re all set for fine season of chasing Mo deer!!

· Banned
11,379 Posts
All a typical Mo deer hunter needs is a set of surplus camo, an open sighted thurdy-thurdy, and a 30pak of Busch. Toss in a youth size orange vest and a buck 110 to skin out that monster 110" 2.5yo 8pt and you're all set for fine season of chasing Mo deer!!
It has to be the orange Busch cans for safety fyi.

· Former Leader in Warning points!
10,987 Posts
All a typical Mo deer hunter needs is a set of surplus camo, an open sighted thurdy-thurdy, and a 30pak of Busch. Toss in a youth size orange vest and a buck 110 to skin out that monster 110" 2.5yo 8pt and you're all set for fine season of chasing Mo deer!!
Sounds like a slice of heaven to me....:wave1:

Reactions: CamoNinja

· Former Leader in Warning points!
10,987 Posts
Reactions: Lazarus and CRE10

· Banned
7,215 Posts
Thanks for your input.

Now for the serious comments to follow.....
Well, seriously, typical whitetail hunters don't need rangefinders in Mo, or really anywhere. Unless they are shooting Raven crossbows at 75yds, then you might want a rangefinder. Unless you have a very specific situation, like hunting over a big bean field where shots could stretch past 300yds, you aren't gonna need a rangefinder. All those combo units do is make a heavy pair of binos. A pair of compact 8x is all you need to make sure it's your target buck that you have watched grow up for the last 4yrs. But again, that ain't the typical Mo hunter. Between my 14x scope and 6x rangefinder, I've never seen the need to carry binos, even out West. But I'm gonna add a big ole pair of 15x to the stable eventually for long glassing sessions trying to pick out Muleys from Nevada sage brush.

· Banned
11,379 Posts
Quite the message to send out to your young hunters to pack those out to the deer stand. Thinking a cooler of those after a days hunt would be more appropriate in my opinion.
It's a good thing your opinion don't mean a thing :yap2::yap2::yap2:

· Registered
374 Posts
Well, seriously, typical whitetail hunters don't need rangefinders in Mo, or really anywhere. Unless they are shooting Raven crossbows at 75yds, then you might want a rangefinder. Unless you have a very specific situation, like hunting over a big bean field where shots could stretch past 300yds, you aren't gonna need a rangefinder. All those combo units do is make a heavy pair of binos. A pair of compact 8x is all you need to make sure it's your target buck that you have watched grow up for the last 4yrs. But again, that ain't the typical Mo hunter. Between my 14x scope and 6x rangefinder, I've never seen the need to carry binos, even out West. But I'm gonna add a big ole pair of 15x to the stable eventually for long glassing sessions trying to pick out Muleys from Nevada sage brush.
You have never needed binoculars out west?

Exactly what kind of Western hunting have you done?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.