Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Gentry County, NE KS
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in NW Mo. anyone else get a letter from a guy in MI looking to lease your property? Letter offered me $ to lease my land. Had a picture of him and his kid.

· 2 Corinthians 5:10
1,818 Posts
Nada. I'm in nw Mo as well.
He probably bought a Gentry county landowner list and is sending letters hoping to snag a lease.
Was it from #treatitlikemyown or #God_bless ?

Reactions: BustinBucks

· Máistir an pointe hocht.
75,067 Posts
No, but there is an open letter to 20’ for those of us feeling left out. :wave1:

Go join the fun!!!

5,653 Posts
I know a guy who sent a letter to every landowner in Gentry county. He was a "young farmer" looking to buy some more ground to increase his operation.
I knew who the guy actually was. He was an investor/realtor and actually owned land in every county in MO. He did buy up a lot of ground.... and resold it at first chance of making a good profit. Smart business man... still a liar.

· Registered
21,512 Posts
That is one thing I like about onX can find property owners anywhere.

oneshot

:D The Big Grin is on oneshot Phone.

2,846 Posts
I got burned leasing my farm to a guy from michigan last year. He is or was president of the Michigan Outdoor Heritage Foundation. I have debated back and forth about posting my nightmare on here and probably should, specially if the guy is mailing letters looking to scam other landowners. What section should I post that in that would be seen the most?

· Registered
21,443 Posts
I got burned leasing my farm to a guy from michigan last year. His name was Bill Zawilla and is or was president of the Michigan Outdoor Heritage Foundation. I have debated back and forth about posting my nightmare on here and probably should, specially if the guy is mailing letters looking to scam other landowners. What section should I post that in that would be seen the most?
Whitetails General gets a lot of traffic and seems like a good place to put it.

· Registered
20,349 Posts
OR....in the Members Only forum. This depends if actual names are mentioned.
Why censor it to Members only? Boogs, I'd venture.... Is a good judge of character.... get the info out to as many potential victims as possible . I can understand Boogs initial hesitation on posting (I'm sure he has his reasons) but if your going to post it... get the info to as many people as possible. The farm you save could very well be your neighbors .....

· Registered
70,866 Posts
Why censor it to Members only? Boogs, I'd venture.... Is a good judge of character.... get the info out to as many potential victims as possible . I can understand Boogs initial hesitation on posting (I'm sure he has his reasons) but if your going to post it... get the info to as many people as possible. The farm you save could very well be your neighbors .....
Have you ever been sued even if you are innocent? Lawyers aren't cheap. Keeping this among our members may keep this from becoming a law suit filed by the other party for what ever the reasons. It cost you money just to prove your innocence....just say'n. :)

· Registered
20,349 Posts
Have you ever been sued even if you are innocent? Lawyers aren't cheap. Keeping this among our members may keep this from becoming a law suit filed by the other party for what ever the reasons. It cost you money just to prove your innocence....just say'n. :)
You might want to consider sticking with delivering the mail and leave advice on the law to the professionals... just say'n...

Reactions: Danimal

· Former Leader in Warning points!
10,987 Posts
I got burned leasing my farm to a guy from michigan last year. His name was Bill Zawilla and is or was president of the Michigan Outdoor Heritage Foundation. I have debated back and forth about posting my nightmare on here and probably should, specially if the guy is mailing letters looking to scam other landowners. What section should I post that in that would be seen the most?
Not sure where the best place is, but @trapperBR549 always thought the fishing section was appropriate so you could go there :D. Wherever you put it, I certainly want to read the story:popcorn:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts