Attachments

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
boy thats a deep ol boat bet it handles the water pretty good huh

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
oh how many times have i been there in that excat spot you speak of trolling around yanking those whites
we got a 17.5 ft deep v landau with a 55 suzuki and sometimes i wish we had one of those deep lowes about 21 ft.

most guys don't realize how rough truman can get but when the brezze kicks up it sure can be a long haul back to the ramp.

you know the roughest i ever seen the lake was acuattly up on the flats by bucksaw it aint to big up there but that was the only time i was acually scared on truman it was all we could do to idle through them and we were a long ways up from the ramp that day. one of those oh it won't be much and then what the heck was i thinking not heading in sooner.

·
Registered
70,598 Posts
Back in the early 80's I had a shallow 14 foot Lowe with a 7 1/2 hp Merc (my first fishing rig) and I put in at Shawnee Bend and motored across to Sterett Creek to fish all by myself. By the way.....I can't swim worth a darn. I fished til about 4 pm and started back to the ramp. I came around the point by the Visitors Center and there they were.....4 foot swells and me in a shoebox. I tightened up my life jacket and got both floatation pillows and tied them to my tackle box and poles. I hugged the shore as close as I could just in case I capsized. I sold the boat within the week. Scared the Holy Bejebers out of me. I've been leary ever since. Come to think of it I never have gone alone since then. And for Pipes question......In the picture the beer just happened to be in the motel room in the cooler. There is a spot reserved right in the middle of the boat for that particular cooler.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.