Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Mountain lion hunter
28,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I do wear my orange outfit when I am supposed to

But say I go bowhunting during a firearm season and fail to wear my orange outfit and take a slug to the foot

Is it my fault or the shooters?

What say you

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Both, and you should both share the same cell for a 5 yr sentence...:D:wave:

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
46,923 Posts
Both of you are at fault. You not wearing orange as you are suppose to and the shooter for not identifying his target.

Hope your foot gets better.:D

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
BOTH at fault under the law.

·
Registered
23,529 Posts
The shooter is always responsible for identifying the target (and ultimately where the bullet goes) , not the other way around.

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,040 Posts
[rquote=1484917&tid=103782&author=Modeerhunter]The shooter is always responsible for identifying the target (and ultimately where the bullet goes) , not the other way around. [/rquote]

That's what my old man drummed into my head.:cheers:

That & know what lies beyond your target where the bullet will land.

·
Registered
684 Posts
[rquote=1484899&tid=103782&author=venatic]Both of you are at fault. You not wearing orange as you are suppose to and the shooter for not identifying his target.

[/rquote]

IMO there is you anwser right there.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
What the difference if someone is just wondering around the woods shooting stumps or whatever with a bow for fun and are not wearing orange??? Who is at fault then?

·
784 Posts
The shooter is at fault. What if the person that got shot would have been picking up pecans and not required to wear orange, would the' both 'answer still be said?

·
Registered
32,436 Posts
[rquote=1484967&tid=103782&author=Whitmore44]What the difference if someone is just wondering around the woods shooting stumps or whatever with a bow for fun and are not wearing orange??? Who is at fault then? [/rquote]

I still say both. If you are out just wondering through the woods during a rifle season, you should be wearing orange anyway.

·
Navy/Air Force/Army
17,077 Posts
[rquote=1484976&tid=103782&author=blong]The shooter is at fault. What if the person that got shot would have been picking up pecans and not required to wear orange, would the' both 'answer still be said?[/rquote]

I'm not willing to bet my life on pecans. May not be my fault, but it is my responsibility if I want to live.:02:

·
Mountain lion hunter
28,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
[rquote=1484967&tid=103782&author=Whitmore44]What the difference if someone is just wondering around the woods shooting stumps or whatever with a bow for fun and are not wearing orange??? Who is at fault then? [/rquote]

I almost wrote the story along these lines but did not want the poll to sound "one sided":cheers:

Thanks for all the responses:cheers:

·
Registered
5,389 Posts
You could always be glad you weren't shot in the head

·
CROSSBOW HATER!
48,418 Posts
[rquote=1484920&tid=103782&author=pinwheel][rquote=1484917&tid=103782&author=Modeerhunter]The shooter is always responsible for identifying the target (and ultimately where the bullet goes) , not the other way around. [/rquote]

That's what my old man drummed into my head.:cheers:

That & know what lies beyond your target where the bullet will land.[/rquote]

I'm going to say it is the MDC's fault:rof2::rof2::rof2:

just kidding, move your foot1

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
If someone shoots at a deer an misses and then there stray bullet hits you, I dont believe they would be at fault as long as they didnt know you were there.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts