Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had this discussion today at work and just wanted to get everyone's opinion. I have a bow that allows me to choose between 2 let off percents. In my case it is 65% or 80%. I feel like I shoot better with the 65%. I shoot better groups, and better at longer distances with the less let off. I tried to explain it, I like the feel of a little more tension when a draw back and hold. I can stay steady better with more tension so I choose to shoot with the lower let off setting. For those of you with let off choices how many of you shoot the less let off?

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
well i have shot bows with both 65 and 80 percent and maybe its just cause of what i am used to but i am with the 65 percent i like the little more pull against me the 80 let offs just seem to limb in my arms

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
I think there is something to be said for shooting a lesser letoff bow as far as accuracy goes. Not that a guy can't be accurate with an 80% letoff.
I'm shooting 80% this year...not necessarily by choice, just cause that's how the bow is.
Now that it isn't a big issue as far as P&Y goes I guess it doesn't really matter that much for anyone. Your regular everyday shooter or the guy out there looking for record book accolades.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.