Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And opening day! Ill be heading down Feb. 26th!!! Man am I excited... Got every Monday free with no college this semester so Ill be really at it hard!!! Cant wait!!!

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea i know! Been to hard at duck hunting though! Just somethin about the atmosphere of the park once season opens that you dont get during C&R... But dont get me wrong, I like the solitude of the park this time of year.

·
Banned
11,330 Posts
[rquote=1539754&tid=107267&author=Montauklunkerhunter]Yea i know! Been to hard at duck hunting though! Just somethin about the atmosphere of the park once season opens that you dont get during C&R... But dont get me wrong, I like the solitude of the park this time of year.[/rquote]

Yep, nothing like opening day at Montauk.

·
Registered
587 Posts
[rquote=1539754&tid=107267&author=Montauklunkerhunter]Just somethin about the atmosphere of the park once season opens that you dont get during C&R... [/rquote]

You ain't kiddin. That is an atmosphere I can live without. :hysterical:

last time I was at a park on opening day....... well I won't go into specifics, but it was my last.

I love the C&R season.

That when the bigguns are caught anyway.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[rquote=1539760&tid=107267&author=BowMadness][rquote=1539754&tid=107267&author=Montauklunkerhunter]Just somethin about the atmosphere of the park once season opens that you dont get during C&R... [/rquote]

You ain't kiddin. That is an atmosphere I can live without. :hysterical:

last time I was at a park on opening day....... well I won't go into specifics, but it was my last.

I love the C&R season.

That when the bigguns are caught anyway.[/rquote]

C&R can help you out alot, and opening day is he!! if you let it get to ya. You just gotta expect everything you see and move on... As far as big fish in C&R season, yea there is alot but you can catch them during regular season to. Just got to put a lil more effort into finding them during the normal season.

·
Registered
21,514 Posts
I went to the river the other day to see if I could catch Supper,didn't get a nibble. :shrug:

oneshot

:D The Big Grin is ready for a Float Trip.

·
Registered
9,730 Posts
I'm with bowmadness. Opening day at the parks is something I don't need to experience again. I much prefer the Blue Ribbon areas year 'round. At least the trout act like trout!

Vic

·
Registered
90 Posts
I really enjoy the parks in the winter! Other than opening day and weekends I enjoy them other times too, but it sure is nice to kinda' have the place to yourself, or at least where you have a bit more space.

Had a nice one on at Maramec Springs the other day...
I reached back for my net, and the last time I had "visited the woods" apparently had left my net on the inside of my vest. As I lost focus on my fish he broke me off. Bummer, but a lesson learned.

BTW, while I was there they were taking huge stumps from the woods and placing them out in mid channel with a track hoe, I guess for habitat purposes.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.