Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://ammunitionaccountability.org/default.asp

So, why can't they grandfather all older boolits and just stamp all of the newer boolits?

Seems like a bad agenda to me..

Don't mind having all newer boolits marked.

Can someone post up a link to contact our Missouri legislators and let them know what you think about it.

·
Registered
11,812 Posts
Been a hearin about that for a while. That may help catch a few of the dumb ones. What about reloaders?

Seems like it just make ammo and supplys go up even more and not be of much use otherwise.

Maybe they will just price us out of the market-What ya think?

:mad2:

·
Registered
31,310 Posts
Originally posted by Thayer

So, why can't they grandfather all older boolits and just stamp all of the newer boolits?

Can someone post up a link to contact our Missouri legislators and let them know what you think about it.
do you know...or care how much more it would cost for a box of bullets? the retooling and constantly changing numbers for each and every bullet would send the price through the roof.

·
Registered
32,193 Posts
Originally posted by Jeremy

do you know...or care how much more it would cost for a box of bullets? the retooling and constantly changing numbers for each and every bullet would send the price through the roof.
I think the is the real reason behind it. Drive the ammo prices so high that you can't aford to buy it anymore.

I smell a consipracy!!! :whistle: Where is Mel Gibson when you need him??? :thinking:

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
46,804 Posts
It's a lot more than just marking the ammo. They want to keep a database of that ammo. So if you sold it to someone else, you'd have to let them know that. Much more paperwork and driving up the cost of ammo.

Reloaders would be out of luck as well.

Bad idea.

·
Registered
31,310 Posts
Originally posted by Reflex

I think the is the real reason behind it. Drive the ammo prices so high that you can't aford to buy it anymore.

I smell a consipracy!!! :whistle: Where is Mel Gibson when you need him??? :thinking:
its no conspiracy, a certain someone has pushed for an increase of 200% on ammo and guns in the past....;) without our bullets, our guns are useless. think about it, yesterday we shot about 200 rounds of ammo, just plinking around. thats alot of serialization just for ammo thats being shot into a dirt mound

·
Registered
32,193 Posts
Originally posted by Reflex

its no conspiracy, a certain someone has pushed for an increase of 200% on ammo and guns in the past....;) without our bullets, our guns are useless.
Oh........ Believe me, I know. Just trying to make a funny!! So what are they going to do to the people who have been stock piling. Come and raid their houses and take away all in-valid types of ammo??

:thinking:

May have to buy some waterproof containers and burry it in the back yard??

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
you should mind, we all should mind very much. this is pure bull****, it is unacceptable.

·
Registered
17,312 Posts
Originally posted by JimH
you should mind, we all should mind very much. this is pure bull****, it is unacceptable.
couldnt have said it better:cheers::rock::rock:

i like how the s word is hockey:rof2::rof2::smiley:

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
by the way i contacted them via their web site and told them that their legislation proposal was pure bull****.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We need to contact the legislators...

Does someone have that link to our Mo law makers?

The boolits are said to go up a fraction of a cent per boolit...that is not the overall problem...disposing of unmarked ammo gets me. But then...How would they know?

It is pure bull hockey...agreed!

·
Registered
11,897 Posts
I say stock up more and thumb noseses at tehm. They want the legal owners ot be unlawfull so tehy got a reason to take it all away. Well they better bring bodie bags with them. I shure aint going to provide them bodie bags after some fast moving non serialized property got sent to tehm.

Boils down to teh same same, only ppl who will have that type of ammo is the law breakers. Just like the guns they have now that they not suposto have. But does the anti gun ppl care or even think of that NO. I jsut hope its not any one i know who comes to my hose to get my non serialized ammo.

·
Confirmed Bachelor
10,482 Posts
Just to to the state of Missouri's webpage. You can find from there who your state rep and senator is. I think the senator from District 24 (St. Louis area) sponsored this bill in 2008.

I have a feeling this legislation will be reintroduced in 2009 as it died in committee in 2008.

·
Registered
6,049 Posts
Call the congress man and let him know how you feel , We got to stick together

1 - 16 of 16 Posts